Question on the accuracy of the Speedometer

Toronto_ACR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
can someone please tell me whether they have heard or whether they know if the speedometer on the 2000 ACR is accurate. I am assuming it is the same speedomoter for all vipers. How accurate is the speedomter when I am going 170+ miles per hour. Some cars such as certain Ferraris are overly optimistic about how fast they are really travelling. Does the Viper have the same problem or am i really travelling 170+ miles per hour as it displays.

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i am wondering the accuracy at slower speeds also...
hit an unmaned radar tonight it said i was going 46 mph
look down it said 40mph ??

Vip-RT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can sure tell you that 200 mph (320 kph)in the F-50 is 200 mph......

But my cop friend clocked me and 100 mph on the speedo was really 103, so it is pretty close, atleast for me.....

BWoodbury

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The easiest way to check your spedo at any speed nowdays is to get a newer GPS receiver. I'm pretty sure that they all can do speed now and they are prety accurate...

ACR Larry

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can tell you that my speedo is not accurate at slower speeds. When my speedometer reads 70MPH the GPS reads 74-75MPH. I iamgine it is relatively less accurate the faster you go.

Larry

FikseGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I took my GPS in my 1996 GTS..... when the speedo read 80MPH, the gps was showing 81.2.....

I couldn't really tell what the speedo said for this run:

You must be registered for see images

Brooks

jimandela

Enthusiast
Reaction score
maybe one of the "in" members might know:
What does the guys at the plant think about speedometer accuracy? seeing that the car is hand made and everything seems to have to be just "right". Is this something of concern to dodge?
thanks
JIM