Question...

skeetachya

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have a 96 gts and have somewhat of a problem. Whenever I am driving after I get on it a bit the throttle will seem to stick open and the idle will be much higher. The idle will only come down to its normal position when I blip the throttle, then it will be fine until I begin to drive again. Does this make any kind of sense to anyone? Any help will be great.

Thanks

-Adam

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I have a 96 gts and have somewhat of a problem. Whenever I am driving after I get on it a bit the throttle will seem to stick open and the idle will be much higher. The idle will only come down to its normal position when I blip the throttle, then it will be fine until I begin to drive again. Does this make any kind of sense to anyone? Any help will be great. Thanks. -Adam

"Idle Hang" has been a common problem.
Mods?
Miles?
clean air filters? Clean / lubricated throttle-body linkage?
floor mats not mucking pedal?
Clean Idle Air Sensor?

call me for more info . {ps for next time: your thread topic is Waaaay too vague!]

OP
OP
S

skeetachya

Viper Owner
Reaction score
"Idle Hang" has been a common problem.
Mods?
Miles?
clean air filters? Clean / lubricated throttle-body linkage?
floor mats not mucking pedal?
Clean Idle Air Sensor?

call me for more info . {ps for next time: your thread topic is Waaaay too vague!]

Sorry, no mods, 25,000 miles, not sure about the linkage, not a floor mat problem. And what is the clean idle air sensor?