Questions for Chris /AKA Moderator and Viper central connection

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Chris, I just got back from a drive in my viper...what started out as a short outing turned into an all day affair and my 03 viper just went past 52,000 miles. I must of being thinking too much because I came up with a bunch of questions on the '08. Since you seem to have the ear of SRT maybe you can give some answers.

1. Is Dodge going to have cars with the new colors at events like the Viper vs. Viper event so the faithful can see the colors on the cars? It would be good marketing.

2. Are the interiors going to be like the Mambas or somthing different? I hope Dodge uses a different tan that the one that they used in my Sapphire blue coupe. Of the five vipers I have owned, I just never got into the interior color of that car. Are the red and blue interiors going to be the same also as previous cars?

3. Is the radio going to be updated so we can just plug in our IPODs and is satellite and navagation going to be availible?

4. Please make a statement that red/white and blue/white will not be availible. If Dodge makes one blue and white one...just send it to me.

5. What are the other two consoles going to look like? The Dodge Website gives you no clue.

6. Is the short shifter something like the Hurst shifter in height and range?

7. Is the warantee going to be the 36,000/36month or hopefully 70,000/7 year as the 2003(yeah, I know wishful thinking)

I will probably come up with some more but I would like to personally say I think the current group of VCA officers are doing a great job and I am quite impressed. I also appreicate SRT listening and being open to suggestions of the VCA(that is more than I can say for our "For Profit" hospital)Bob

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
4. Please make a statement that red/white and blue/white will not be availible. If Dodge makes one blue and white one...just send it to me.
If this turns out to be the case, my new red one will be transported to Prefix before it leaves Detroit to take care of that problem.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Of course there are some questions that I will verify with SRT, but there are some I can either answer or provide a guess for in the meantime:

1. Is Dodge going to have cars with the new colors at events like the Viper vs. Viper event so the faithful can see the colors on the cars? It would be good marketing.
I believe they are planning to have an '08 or two at Viper vs. Viper, however I would not be surprised if it was either the Venom (dark) Red or the red with white stripes shown at the various auto shows. I am sure they will be appearing in different colors at some point, however production hasn't started yet. There is also a different company making the body now.

2. Are the interiors going to be like the Mambas or somthing different? I hope Dodge uses a different tan that the one that they used in my Sapphire blue coupe. Of the five vipers I have owned, I just never got into the interior color of that car. Are the red and blue interiors going to be the same also as previous cars?
I can't answer that but will turn to the folks at SRT and see if I can't get one. Watch this very spot for an update.

3. Is the radio going to be updated so we can just plug in our IPODs and is satellite and navagation going to be availible?
I don't know that there is any official announcement, however I did see a navigation radio in the '08 show car. The company has had a BIG push, both original and aftermarket (Mopar iPod Integration Kit), to address the iPod crowd with various plug-ins and interfaces.

Ask, and so Ye shall receive. It was actually SRT that brought this up and asked for our guidance. We agreed that because both were represented as Limited Editions that there should be no blue & white or red & white Coupes. And so there won't be. Now as for Roadsters, I don't think either one has ever appeared in this factory color combination. Any takers? :2tu:

5. What are the other two consoles going to look like? The Dodge Website gives you no clue.
No idea, but expect it could be something like the MGW bezels around the gauges. Will verify as we can.

Again, I don't know enough about this to comment wisely. I do know that the transmission itself is a new design, so that could very well affect the range.

7. Is the warantee going to be the 36,000/36month or hopefully 70,000/7 year as the 2003(yeah, I know wishful thinking)
I'll bet you a dollar that it is wishful thinking. 3/36 is almost guaranteed. Besides Chuck, not too many go beyond the miles and many seem to "upgrade" under three years. And of course they have that wonderful MaxCare warranty available with Pemberton just itching to sell a whole drawer full...

I will probably come up with some more but I would like to personally say I think the current group of VCA officers are doing a great job and I am quite impressed. I also appreicate SRT listening and being open to suggestions of the VCA(that is more than I can say for our "For Profit" hospital)
Doctor Bob, I think we both know each other well enough that I can say this: Brown noser.
You must be registered for see images

(And seriously, thanks. I can now testify that your National officers work a helluva lot harder than I ever imagined and that SRT listens even more so. I have never been more proud to own a Viper.)

OP
OP
doctorbob

doctorbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Chris, thanks for the reply and actually, I was sincere in my comments on the VCA leadership (with no disrepect to past officers). Although this moderator thing seems have gone to your head ;) .

Question 5...the Dodge website mentions "hydrographic consoles"...I do not think that is an MGW treatment.

Bob

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agreed on the dash comment. I was referring to the part where it mentioned this: "A choice of bezel finishes on the center instrument panel and console adds to the increased level of customization." Now I have something else to go ask!

Reaction score
Amazing that a National Treasurer has provided MORE INFORMATION than ANY "Media Director" has ever done in the past! KUDOS to Chris...just ANOTHER hat to wear (we always knew he had a BIG head)!!! :)

Reaction score
Careful there Chris....is someone thinks you're being a meanie to a VCA bigwig you're likely to get banned....then issued a strike after the fact for appearances! I'd leave it to THEM to completely miss the fact that you were being mean to yourself....but that wouldn't be too much of a surprise.

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Careful there Chris....is someone thinks you're being a meanie to a VCA bigwig you're likely to get banned....then issued a strike after the fact for appearances! I'd leave it to THEM to completely miss the fact that you were being mean to yourself....but that wouldn't be too much of a surprise.
Thankfully there are no bigwigs in this thread so we are safe - for now.... :D

Y2K5SRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got some answers back and they are listed below along with my original ones. Updated answers in bold:

There will be the standard show cars at Viper vs. Viper - no new colors besides the Venom Red have been produced just yet.

The interiors will indeed be similar to the Mamba accents. They may not go with the colored stitching on the shift boot due to the different finishes on the bezel - they are assembled together. As for the tan it is being referred to as "natural tan" which I suspect will be lighter and less "orange" than the Cognac leather of the Gen II.

Currently the plan is to have the navigation as a Mopar (aftermarket) option. Same for the iPod connections.

Ask, and so Ye shall receive. It was actually SRT that brought this up and asked for our guidance. We agreed that because both were represented as Limited Editions that there should be no blue & white or red & white Coupes. And so there won't be. Now as for Roadsters, I don't think either one has ever appeared in this factory color combination. Any takers? :2tu:

The consoles are going to have two additional options, including Light Arc (silver) and Graphite. They mention "hydrographic" which I suspect is something similar to what is on the SRT8 300C:

You must be registered for see images

The short shifter is a result of the new transmission. No comment as to how they compare to the Hurst, other than it is "fantastic."

3/36 as with most Vipers produced. MaxCare warranties available through your friendly Dodge dealer.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Razorwire