Questions for nitrous users...

Travis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm curious to learn how much RWHP/TQ is to be picked up with the NX kit, i was looking to run a 200 shot and was curious on how much i should be laying down with my 98 GTS with KN's, smooth tubes and muffler delete. Also, what are your guys opinions on long term engine wear with nitrous? For example, if i were to dyno my car now, run a 200 shot for a year(spray a couple times a weekend), and then redyno a year a later do you think the car would be as strong as before or will the nitrous accelrate the engine wear to a noticable degree?

Travis

Tom Welch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car should make as much power as it did on the first pull.....5 years from now with normal miles and having been driven by someone with a brain.

Nitrous (and propane in my case) actually helps keep carbon buildup from occuring, keeps spark plugs clean and is not detrimental to any drivetrain components when used correctly.

My bet, a Viper that uses nitrous properly will make more power N/A than a similarly equipped Viper that does not as its valvetrain, pistons and combustion chamber are much cleaner with nitrous use. Length of time should not be a consideration.

Tom