Quick FOB question

spikeone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Does this kind of FOB work on Gen 2 vipers?

I want to get 1-2 new FOB for my car and I prefer this kind of FOB from newer Dodges

TheViperStore does say in the description that these "Works on any (95-06) RT/10 Viper with a factory keyless remote entry system"

Just want to confirm here before I order some

Stretch

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That looks like the one I picked up last summer as a backup for my 95 (previous part was discontinued). I bought mine from Chuck Tator, guaranteed it was correct.

NOTV8

Viper Owner
Reaction score
If you're not in a hurry... watch fleabay, the sneaky pete fob show up in there once in a while... got my spare keys there too.

OP
OP
S

spikeone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have seen the ones with the Sneaky Pete logo on ebay, thing is, the one in the picture sells for about 5-10$ while the others are usually 70$+

and the description on TheViperStore says it should work with a Gen 2 (says 95-06) so i was wondering if that was a typo or if someone was using these FOB's with their Gen 2

moparracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have seen the ones with the Sneaky Pete logo on ebay, thing is, the one in the picture sells for about 5-10$ while the others are usually 70$+

and the description on TheViperStore says it should work with a Gen 2 (says 95-06) so i was wondering if that was a typo or if someone was using these FOB's with their Gen 2

no, it says 1995-1996 in the title.

OP
OP
S

spikeone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ya the title says 95-96 but description says 95-06 which is probably a typo

so i guess the only FOB that works is the one specifically made for the Viper, so i'll keep checking ebay for a good deal :)

moparracing

Enthusiast
Reaction score
which year RT do you have?:dunno:

i'd already been down this road for fob's for my '97 GTS, the replacements were the one's i listed in post #4 above... I was able to repair my old one's @ no cost. :)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang