quick help for shifter bolt install please....

00SVTdubs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel like a dumba** but I cant get this shifter bolt out. It took all I had to get the darn knob off but I can NOT get to this bottom nut to get the shifter handle bolt out.... here is what Im talking about

You must be registered for see images attach

the bolt below the isolator... I can NOT get loose. I just got a wrench that bends 90 degrees and still no luck. A straight wrench cant get a good angle at it. How the heck do I get it off... its frustrating the hell out of me. I can help install twin turbo systems but I cant loosen a damn bolt.....

OP
OP

00SVTdubs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I finally got it using an extention, and it popped right off.. then I realized it had to come off anyway or I could have just taken the knob off and dropped it out the bottom because I was on my back all day today to install my new spec 3+ clutch...

I dropped the ds, took the trans out, bell housing off, clutch and flywheel off and Im getting the flywheel resurfaced and will throw it all back together. I did this 99% by myself and the other person was just there to point out what to do and spot me for the heavy ****. I learned a LOT today and its very rewarding to do your own work... Ill have some pics when I make it back there because I forgot my camera on the way out there.

It would have been really nice to have a lift, or an impact gun/wrench... REALLY nice, lol. But thats how you learn I guess!

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I finally got it using an extention, and it popped right off.. then I realized it had to come off anyway or I could have just taken the knob off and dropped it out the bottom because I was on my back all day today to install my new spec 3+ clutch...

I dropped the ds, took the trans out, bell housing off, clutch and flywheel off and Im getting the flywheel resurfaced and will throw it all back together. I did this 99% by myself and the other person was just there to point out what to do and spot me for the heavy ****. I learned a LOT today and its very rewarding to do your own work... Ill have some pics when I make it back there because I forgot my camera on the way out there.

It would have been really nice to have a lift, or an impact gun/wrench... REALLY nice, lol. But thats how you learn I guess!

You crazy man. I've dropped my tranny twice - once for the slave and once for the clutch I should have put in while doing the slave - and had the correct tools and equipment each time.

I can't imagine your learning experience!

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Take lots of pics of the clutch install and post a writeup when you can. I and think many others would be interested in this. Maybe we can turn it into a how-to guide for the illustrated's.

- Tony

OP
OP

00SVTdubs

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ive seen paolo do it many times but on a lift so its 100x easier... I was on my back with the car on jackstands with no power tools, just man/kid strength, lol. Next time I do this on a lift, I bet I can knock it out in a few hours

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery