Quotes from ALMS@TMS

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here's something I found at my favorite racing info site: http://forums.compuserve.com/vlforums/default.asp?SRV=MotorSports

Joe Ellis (#44-GTS Dodge Viper GTS-R) "I'm very pleased with the run. It was slippery out there for my car. There was a lot of bumping going on, but I didn't give in. This was my first ALMS race."

Terry Borcheller (#45-GTS Dodge Viper GTS-R) "I was running with the #4 (Corvette). We were passing and re-passing, having a great race. I looked in my window and saw the car twitch to the right when that tire let go (on the Corvette). I saw Kelly (Collins) trying to turn into it in the classic road racer instinct, but it nosed him into the wall. That shook me up for a
couple of laps. I'm so glad he's all right."

Erik Messley (#45-GTS Dodge Viper GTS-R) "The cars arrived on our doorstep in a state of disrepair. They had run in the Petit Le Mans with another team and had been heavily crashed. They had not been fully repaired and when we got them. We weren't sure we could get them running. We put in a lot of all-nighters to get them out there and finish so well in our first race is pretty incredible. Most of us are Chrysler engineers and we were really let down when Chrysler decided not to run the Viper. So we're doing this on our own. This mostly an all volunteer effort. We're doing it for the love of it."

Unofficial order of finish: #1-P Audi R8 (117 laps), #2-P Audi R8, #50-P Panoz LMP07; #3-GTS Chevrolet Corvette C5-R (109 laps), #45-GTS Dodge Viper GTS-R (106 laps), #44-GTS Dodge Viper GTS-R (96 laps); #23-GT Porsche 911 GT3-RS (109 laps), #22-GT Porsche 911 GT3-RS (107 laps), #6-GT BMW M3 (107 laps).

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang