Race of a life time : Two Enzo took me in Sandwich !

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a unique chance to race againts two Enzo and a Maserati MC12 ...
This guys were overtaking me every 3 laps that I was doing !!
It was like racing agains F1 race cars. My poor Viper was looking like an aged muscle car.

I had the most phantastic week-end of my life. We were only two Vipers allowed at this exclusive race event

viper113.jpg

A week earlier I was in Pocono to attend the North East Rendez-vous. Two unique events in a week ...
Thanks to VIPER CLUB OF AMERICA !!!!

viper27.jpg

weightlifter123

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Not to knock you, but I think the Enzo's beat the driver not the car. With equal drivers and driving 100% I think it would be a lot closer than getting lapped every 3 laps. :D But I am assuming it was all in good fun. I don't think I would want to push a Viper too far and risk crashing either. Kudos to the Enzo drivers for having the balls to push those high dollar machines to the edge.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wow, they were 33% faster than you? I thought they were supposed to be comparable? All cars being equal, street tires, equal mods?

Ted

OP
OP
S

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with you that driver matters a lot and those drivers were much more experienced than I am.
I swear you guys we had the best drivers in those MODIFIED Enzos and MC12.
Actually the MC 12 was even clocking faster.

I can tell you that I didn't race against car collectors but prof racers. No chance to catch them with a street setup. Though they had too regular street tires and 15'' carbon brakes.

If you ever thought that newer generation Ferraries are just car collector gadget well be ready for a big surprise. Vipers are like Nascars, Ferraries are like street legal F1 cars !! In addition they have 10/10 reliability (Like Vipers).

These guys were very respectfull and were acting like real gentlmen. If you ever have the chance to cross them on the road be respectfull with them and they will deeply respect you.

I crossed legendes on my path ...

Zahir Rana — ZR AUTO

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
In addition they have 10/10 reliability (Like Vipers).
Excuse my ignorance but is this reliability thing at Ferrari new?
I have always loved Ferrari but never understood how their reliability issues could be overlooked.

Stealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with you that driver matters a lot and those drivers were much more experienced than I am.
I swear you guys we had the best drivers in those MODIFIED Enzos and MC12.
Actually the MC 12 was even clocking faster.

I can tell you that I didn't race against car collectors but prof racers. No chance to catch them with a street setup. Though they had too regular street tires and 15'' carbon brakes.

If you ever thought that newer generation Ferraries are just car collector gadget well be ready for a big surprise. Vipers are like Nascars, Ferraries are like street legal F1 cars !!

Zahir Rana — ZR AUTO

Again, were you in a 2008? 2008 should hang very well with comparable drivers. No possible way they were 33% faster than a 2008 with comparable tires and drivers. Drivers make a huge difference.

Maybe the cars were actually Nissan GT-Rs--that would explain their extreme speed vs. your speed!:)

In any event, those are very beautiful cars and it would be great to see, hear and run with them!

Also, Enzos are not like F1 cars--not even close.

Coloviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ferrari reliability claims are easy to understand. Replace everything before it breaks, that way nothing can ever be proven that it broke. If it doesn't break, then it must be reliable, right?

Cost of ownership is the more true figure for how well built a vehicle is, in my opinion.

Viper X

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Glad you had fun .....

FrankBarba

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What RACE Series was this in? Or was it just spirited driving???

SquadX

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The two vipers are an SRT probably pre 08 and a Gen2. Also, he stated the Enzo and MC12 were modded. Enzos are 612hp stock so either way these cars were over powering the viper (non 08) matched with the better drivings.

Also, were you driving the Gen 2 or SRT? How did the other Viper far. Also how did you far against the other cars there?

Marv S

Former VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Hey Andras,

You show up at Viper events all over North America! :2tu:

Keep having fun!

Stealth

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I REALLY don't see him or anyone claiming it to be a 2008.

UNDERSTOOD!

I was just looking for clarification to understand the 33% faster issue. In my HPDE track experience, driver alone can make that much of a difference. Also, while the Enzo is a bit lighter, it does not have comparable torque with the '08 Viper. This can make a difference digging out on corner exit, flexibility in the power band for gear choice, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine