Radar Detectors...

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know everyone has their favorites, but I had to pass this deal along. I've always been a Passport guy. I was looking for a Passport SRX with the built in laser diffusers. The entire set-up is around $1,100 from ******. I just bought a brand new kit on Flea-bay for $470 including shipping. I have had these in past cars and love them! Now I just have to find someone to install it. I used to use the HiFi-Buys in Buckhead in the past. They would take the display apart and integrate it into my rear view mirror. Best set-up ever! Hi-Fi shut down, so if anyone knows a good custom shop near Chattanooga, please let me know.
Just thought I'd pass along a hell of a deal if anyone is in the market.

VIPERBCOOL

Viper Owner
Reaction score
American Radio in Knoxville has done a lot of high in cars,865-694-8117.Good luck with the install.

OP
OP
T

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
American Radio in Knoxville has done a lot of high in cars,865-694-8117.Good luck with the install.

I appreciate it. I'm actually having Car Tunes in Chattanooga do it. I found out that's where the lead installer from Tweeter went they shut down.

RTTTTed

Viper Owner
Reaction score
The newest version for Passport is the 9500ci. It's basically the same as the SRX (8500),except that this is the 9500ci (Custom Install) with GPS and the cost is about double. Depending where you live and if they have speed cameras triggered by buried cables etc., the 9500ci might be the one you need. Calif. has 20 speed cameras that can't be detected until they record your speed and plate. The GPS reads location and has the speed camera's location programmed into the 9500ci by internet connection and upgrading. Here in BC speed cameras were classed as an invasion of privacy so we don't need the gps. although I did buy a much cheaper priced ($500) 9500i gps unit for travel to california and Arizona. Going to SLC this fall.

Ted

Ted

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hint

You might run the serial number past ****** service......
I believe they offer the same service as Valentine One......
[Theft protection for legitimately acquired devices.]