Radiator shroud and fan???

Nates GTS Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wanted to know if I could take the fan and shroud off the radiator and replace with dual fans. What are the negatives and positives to this if anyone knows. Thanks

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I run a custom designed (by me) 3 fan setup on my '01. I have a full write up with data and pics at VA. The factory fan was left intact.

You must be registered for see images

V10TT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What size are those Spals, and how much cfm do they move?
I just dis this on my Viper (put a single 1200 cfm Spal) and the A/C works a lot better. Coolant temp does not go over 200 in 90 deg. humid so. fla. summer either. And this is with a big front mount intercooler.

OP
OP
N

Nates GTS Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks Dave never thought to just put two pushers in the front. I'll try to find your writeup.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A few comments, that actually I should update my DIY with. But meanwhile...

The oil cooler mounting bar was removed and replaced on my car. That is what the u-bolts on the fan mount attach to. I noticed the fans were off the AC condenser a few tenths, so I did some additional slotting of the fan bar to u-bolt plate mounting holes, as well as drilling an addional set of u-bolt holes next to the first ones, but closer to the edge of the plate. This allowed the fans to once again be tensioned against the AC condenser, and doesn't look like a swiss cheese hack job lol. I'd post a pic, but my car is at RSI right now.

Also, the Derale thermostat I used appears to have crapped. It wasn't that old, and I had cleared with them it was suitable for under hood applications. Nonetheless, since I had gotten an SCT and now had a lower temp trigger from the PCM, I rewired a few things and now all 3 fans trigger from the stock sending unit / PCM. I redrew the wiring diagram, but have not posted it to my thread. Maybe when I get my car back / done / finished I'll update all that. Meanwhile holler here or at VA if you need more info.

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What size are those Spals, and how much cfm do they move?
I just dis this on my Viper (put a single 1200 cfm Spal) and the A/C works a lot better. Coolant temp does not go over 200 in 90 deg. humid so. fla. summer either. And this is with a big front mount intercooler.

sounds cool

:needpics: