Radio Upgrades?

Larry 03 SRT-10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to upgrade to xm or sirius satellite.
has anyone tried the alpine in dash dvd unit with xm.
it is IVA-D900 unit.
A navigation unit is also available with it but I do not need that now.
Any other options you have tried?
larry

Magicboy2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have an alpine receiver (not DVD) with XM. Focals up front, stock center speakers (hopefully not for too long though). The extra stations are nice, but with the top off, you can't really appreciate the extra sound quality. For $10/mo though, who cares.

S

Stang7900

I'm putting in a pioneer DEH-P750MP xm radio this weekend. It also does MP3's. Also upgrading the amp to Sony ES amps I had laying around. LPG tweeters, Focal kevlar mids, JL Audio sub and bass shakers.
I'll let you know how it goes.

Steve
1999 Silver RT / Black Interior

Magicboy2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stang,

Are you talking about the little 6.5" JL subs? Please let me know how they work out. I'm torn between them and the Sony XPlods, not becuase of sound, but just cause they're red and would match the car nicely.

MannyC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Any of you ever put one of them round tube type subs (Bazooka tube style) down by the passenger foot area, or perhaps attached directly to the front bottom part of the passenger seat so that the passengers legs would go right over it? Got this idea since my car has a fire extenguisher connected to the front of the driver's seat that doesn't get in the way whatsoever. And I used to have an 8" bazooka tube in my corvette way back in the day and it sounds really good for it's size.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
techanvi