Ram SRT /10 ??

SSSSE YA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
What happened to the Ram SRT, I thought at the Chicago auto show DC was going to announce the price and delivery for the Viper truck. What do you know? Please share any information you may have, I have called my local Dodge 5 star but they know nothing as normal.

:usa: :usa: :usa:

HEMIPOWER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Last week I heard once again it is supposed to be out by years end. Pricing should come out soon. That's all I keep hearing.

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
The German Chrysler Company is losing market share (lost .4%) to the competition recently. Every .1% market share is extremely significant in the auto business. They cancelled the M-80 and plans to build a plant in Canada. One of the last Americans in the Executive Ranks, SVP Marketing just resigned also and is being replaced by another German. Maybe they cancelled the Ram SRT-10 too. Who better to know the American market than a bunch of superior, stuck up Germans. They could not dominate America in WWI or WWII and they will not dominate the American auto market either. The last time and I do mean the last time I went to a Mercedes dealership I looked at cars for 30 minutes without even being approached or greeted by a sales person or any other representative. I was professionally dressed and pulled up in my Viper in front of the showroom. It's amazing to me that the German/Mercedes superior attitude even rubs off on the Americans that work there. I guess they figure their cars are so great you have to first ask them if can buy one. Wrong...I will never own any DC product or German product for that matter. BMW, Porsche and Audi act the same way. I'm keeping my American '98 GTS for my sports car and will stay with the truly superior Japanese luxury cars. My Infinity Dealer really knows how to welcome and keep customers. Lastly, if you have any DC stock I'd sell now off the recent market rally while the getting is good! No flame...jusy my opinion and personal experience.

OP
OP
S

SSSSE YA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The last time and I do mean the last time I went to a Mercedes dealership I looked at cars for 30 minutes without even being approached or greeted by a sales person or any other representative. I was professionally dressed and pulled up in my Viper in front of the showroom. It's amazing to me that the German/Mercedes superior attitude even rubs off on the Americans that work there. I guess they figure their cars are so great you have to first ask them if can buy one. Wrong...I will never own any DC product or German product for that matter.
My wife and I went to buy a CLK430 and we hade the same thing happen to us so we left and bought a BMW 530i instead the sales man was great and very helpful, we even gave him a ride in our Viper later on.Thanks for the info guys.
I heard the Ram SRT will be around 50k, thats a lot of money for any truck.
:usa: :eek: :usa:

George Murray

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw a stock '03 1/2 ton 2WD shortbed Hemi 1500 run a 15 flat @ 90 mph at Englishtown. Just buy one of those and take it to Jason Heffner.

I also saw a 1980 Dodge Ramcharger 4x4 with Dana 60 rear/Dana 44 front (HEAVY suspension there), 33 in tires, run consistent 13.90s (in 2WD, of course). Big block.

Throw enough torque at the weight and you'll move it!

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
News flash: It's a world market, not a German or Japanese or American. Different salespeople will be different on different days. I.E. we all have things we like and dislike. I hate being approached and "sales pitched". I will tell them what I want and how much I'm going to pay. I don't think being nationalistic should have any part of buying a car. Some Germans are very nice, humble people. Some Americans can't drive (but the truly BELIEVE in their own driving superiority!) Some japanese are rude and don't always smile. BMW's are built in Germany, America, South Africa, Russia, China, and other places. They all have different suppliers (from around the world) and local content varies. It's not the same as it was 20 or 30 years ago! If you want to look at it like you said above, your Viper was built in 98. Daimler Benz took control of Chrysler in 97. You have a ZooperWiper. Me too. Back to the topic.....The Hemi ram with a supercharger is the way to go. I think after adding an aftermarket hood and some cool wheels to the hemi, it will make the 50K SRT a tough sell.

Viperfreak2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just read it will be in dealerships in December. Does this mean, like the Viper SRT-10, it will actually be 6 months later?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gareth Geyer