Random Tech Cat Back and Belangers How is the Sound and Volume Level?

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I currently have a Random Tech Cat back, Random Tech Cats, and Stock headers.
I need some opinions on performance, noise factor, and sound quality for you guys/gals that have a Belanger/Random Tech Cat Back setup.

Charlie T.
NY/CT Secretary

OP
OP
V

V 10 MAFIA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cal I have a 99 R/T 10.
Right now I could not be happier with the sound of the entire Random Tech system with the stock headers. I am praying the sound of the Random Tech will be just a attractive a note with Belangers. As it is now I usually find myself hitting the gas going under large overpasses. In a tunnel its nirvana. The Random Tech exhaust is very sturdy, great grade of stainless steel, and heavy duty.

Isn't there anyone out there with Belangers and Random Tech Cat back that can give me their opinion?

S

Stang7900

Charlie I think you should do a total exhaust delete. No exhaust at all, I just did it on my car and it sounds great from 100' out or better. Plus the weight savings is key.
3 easy steps
step 1) Remove exhaust.
step 2) Remove stock headers.
step 3) Remove anything near headers or exhaust. (additional weight savings)

Opps, I Missed 2 steps.
step 4) Go to McDonalds drive through with your new manly sounding viper and order the #2 meal.
step 5) Before step 4, install super viscoelastic ear plugs in girlfriends ears.

Now after you have done all that, I will come by and pickup all those heavy parts to dispose of the in a metal recycling center (my garage).

Cal Cobra

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Thanks for the update V10. I think I'm going to go with the Random Tech CAT back myself, and delete the CATs to get rid of the heat. If it's too loud minus the CATs I'll put Moroso Spiral Flows in their place to help w/the sound level.

I pinged JohnB at partsrack, and he had good things to say about the Random Tech CAT back exhaust:

"Our customers LOVE it. Nothing but compliments when used w/ HF cats. This is the lowest-prices cat-back available, but the look, quality and sound is better than Borla or BB."

I like the fact that it has the X-pipe, should make for a nice sound, also the tips look pretty nice from the online pics. I also think the sound will only improve with the Belanger headers.

Cal

S

SUN RA KAT

I currently have a Random Tech Cat back, Random Tech Cats, and Belanger headers. On the dyno it was the 2nd loudest car I've ever heard. It also made 436 rwHP and 480 torque. After the Roe Supercharger and fine tuning the VEC2, it is much quieter, but much more powerfull. (Much quieter means it can be heard from 3 miles away at WOT, BTW. At idle or cruising within the legal speed limits, I'm tempted to get the instruction manual and finally setting the radio buttons.)

juniormint

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My last set-up was Belanger headers, Random Tech cats and a corsa exhaust---the sound was a loud raspy sound and it only got louder and more raspier sounding(thru the gears). Now that i have a RT exhaust, its almost as if the full exhaust is tuned, and sounds better going thru the gears. :2tu: