Random Tech Catback Rocks!

ViperRichRT10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
First of all, I need to let everyone know that our GA VCA President is the best! Joseph Dell helped me to install at his house, on his lift, my new Random Tech Catback. Also, he wired for me my new shift light as well. JD did this just to be a nice guy at risk of getting in trouble for being in the garage for so many hours while his wife is takng care of the new baby.

Anyway, this new Random Texh Catback is great quality and sounds great! I have not seen many people post info. on this system but it fits well, sounds awesome, and the tips look great! If you are considering a new catback, call Jon B. at Partsrack and he will set you up. Awesome system!!!...Thanks JD! :2tu:

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for the kind words!

Think of it this way... it was 2-3 hours out of my life that I didn't have to change diapers. :)

Rich was a trooper. Not everyone would just "grin and bear it" when someone that has never worked on your car takes a saws-all to a viper. :)

JD

LethalBite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Two to three hours??? He must have gotten better after installing the RT catback on my car, and we had 3 people working on it! Not to mention the tiger me and Achilles99 almost hit(another story :eek: ) driving for parts/tools. Hey Rich, did he make you run to the Autozone 4 times for new saws-all blades?? LMAO JD! :D I had to get that in there. Enjoy your new exhaust system, I love my RT catback!

Woohoo!!! 100 posts!

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
We learned on your car... and I had pleanty of leftover bladed. Didn't even need the bandclamps like we did with yours.

Didn't have to sneak into Achilles99's house this time either. :)

And not a _single_ trip to AZ... punk!

JD

LethalBite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Heheheh, good times. I forgot all about the house sneaking so we didn't wake up his woman. That was my first time being the "wheel man", car running and all waiting by the elevator. Can't wait to hear his comments about that!

When are we going to change out my fuel filter? :)

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
.....Anyway, this new Random Texh Catback is great quality and sounds great! I have not seen many people post info. on this system but it fits well, sounds awesome, and the tips look great! If you are considering a new catback, call Jon B. at Partsrack and he will set you up. Awesome system!!!..

--This system is indeed the 'sleeper' of Viper Gen 2 cat-backs.
--And UNDER $1200 including 2 HF cats !!!
--Tips look great, like a Corsa.
--Slip-fit to Hi-Flow Random Tech cats.
--Tuned X-pipe in the CORRECT place to give it a unique, low note.
--Those that have HEARD it say it sounds like no other note: Low and mean.

THANKS for taking time to write, and we agree about J.D. !!!

LethalBite

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Forgot to ask you JD, did you have any problems with installing the tailpipe section like we did with mine? Those hangers did not exactly line up with the holes in the back. I went to the Random Tech factory(they are based just down the road) and they took note of the problem and did some measurements. Just curious if they fixed it permanently.

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was anticipating problems with the rear hangers like we had with yours... the hanger holes on this car were 13.5" on center. The hangers on the RT were 12.5" on center. It was tight, but it fit. With yours, I think the hangers were like 11.5" on center... and that was a major pain in the butt. But no issues with this one.

Thanks for telling them about it! It made this one fit much nicer!

I may just have to get me one of these... I like them so much... anyone want to buy my old borla?

JD