Ranking of '09 Viper in US NEWS Magazine

SR

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just came across this article in "US New and World Report". It ranked the 2009 Viper 6th out of 7 in the super luxury sport car catagory.

"The 2009 Dodge Viper ranks 6 out of 7 Super Luxury Sports Cars. This ranking is based on our analysis of 27 published reviews and test drives of the Dodge Viper, and our analysis of reliability and safety data."

You can read the whole article at:
2009 Dodge Viper Reviews, Pictures and Prices - U.S. News Rankings and Reviews

:)

eucharistos

Enthusiast
Reaction score
thanks for the post

"This car is the best piece of pure American muscle on the road today." -- Detroit News

"Overall, the Viper is what used to be called 'a man's car,' and when it's gone we may not see its like again. Nothing else is quite like it even now." -- Road and Track

NorthernSnake

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to agree that Luxury and viper dont exactly come to mind in the sme sentence...i wonder what placed 7th? But the press/critics certainly praised the Viper for what we all love them for...essentailly being bad ass.

"The 2009 Dodge Viper is rough, raw, loud and unrefined when compared to other sports cars, and therein lies much of its appeal," writes Edmunds.

For better or worse, critics find that people can't stop staring at the Viper's wild -- yet functional -- exterior design. "Looks like a medieval spaceship," writes Car and Driver.

FastZilla

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, we're exchanging muscle for 600 pounds of heated 45-way adjustable electric seats. Pretty soon we'll all be driving Bentleys - 6000 pounds and 700 hp to squeak out a mid-12 second 1/4 mile. But it will be loaded with luxury, 38-star crash rated and come with th latest 500 pound custom concert quality sound system to fill the silence from the 1" thick Dyna-Mat lining.

I honestly feel this is the swan song of American muscle. The Vette has already gone to the dark side, but it did that 20 years ago. The rear wheel drive big block V-8 will soon be dead. You will have to take your grand kids to the Smithsonian to see one.

jdavis

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have to agree that Luxury and viper dont exactly come to mind in the sme sentence...i wonder what placed 7th?

Cadillac XLR placed seventh. I'll bet that it wasn't the "V" series that was tested.

At least the Viper got noticed and in a rather positive manner. That has not been the case in most magazine comparisons.

2001-V10 Power Nut

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
The article reads great to me. It says exactly what i expect it to say. Thats why I, and i'm sure most of us here, bought a Viper!!!! Unreal power, and a real head turner. Try driving around a vette, it'll be like driving around truck, no one cares:omg:

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Get that nancy-boy luxury crap outta here. If folks want a luxury car go buy one. But if they want a sports car they'll buy a Viper.

Chuck 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I honestly feel this is the swan song of American muscle. The Vette has already gone to the dark side, but it did that 20 years ago. The rear wheel drive big block V-8 will soon be dead. You will have to take your grand kids to the Smithsonian to see one.

I wouldn't count on it.

In the 50s folks thought automatics were gonna make manuals obsolete. Never happened.

In the late 70s if anyone would have said a 488cid V10 will be produced in 1992 and last for 17 years (and counting) with unbelievable popularity folks would have called them crazy.

But us true enthusiasts must be vigilant. We gotta fight the nannies the government and the pansies are forcing on us.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
webironmongery