Rare 97 Blue & White RT/10 in the classifieds

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
This is getting real hard to find. Not only is it a 1 of 53 rare Blue with White stripe RT/10, it's all STOCK! The only mod is a simple cat back exhaust to make it sound better (Balanger)... and it sounds GREAT. The original stock exhaust comes with the car. Hard top and soft top come with also. Everything works great and the AC blows cold.

If you love Gen 2 vipers and want a RT/10, this is the one to have. This is the only gen 2 RT/10 that came with stripes from the factory. 1997 was the only year they did the solid stripes and only 53 ever were made. I know of a couple of these rare vipers that were parted out after being wrecked making this even more rare. From 1998 all the way until they stopped production on the Gen 2 in 2002 the factory did not make another blue with white stripe RT/10.

Most of the time I drive my red viper and this viper is just not getting out and enjoyed. Great car, MAKE ME AN OFFER, if you think you'll enjoy this car.

$45,000 OBO. 13,100 miles

This is a quote from the Viper Buyer's Guide by Maurice Liang (Amazon.com: Viper Buyers Guide (Buyer's Guide) (9780760318355): Maurice Liang: Books)

"The blue with white stripes RT/10 is one of the rarest and most desirable color combinations, making it one of the the most collectible RT/10s, and with all the improvements, it's also one of the best to drive as well."

Call me with any questions. 360-696-1919

Super rare all STOCK 97 RT/10 1 of 53! - ViperClub Classifieds

Martin

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've always wanted one of those to go with my B/W GTS... If it came with a garage, I might be interested - but as it stands, one of my cars is going to get displaced when the ACR finally comes in. Great price on it, though!!

mad0953

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I saw this one in person at Cody's house and it is perfect. Cody is a great guy and takes great care of his cars. He let me drive his red Viper the day I met him!!!!

OP
OP
C O D Y

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't lower yours to far.... mine might not be for sale for very long. I don't have to sell it. I just thought someone might enjoy it a whole lot more than I am right now. I just don't drive it much at all, but now the thought of it being sold is making really love it again. This is one of the strongest, tightest vipers I've ever seen or owned.

At the prices vipers are going for, I can keep it, drive it for 10 years and probably sell it for the same amount or even more!

That is a great price!!! Now I need to lower the price of mine..................... :(

OP
OP
C O D Y

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay guys, I've had very little interest shown in this car. Tell me what you think it would take to sell this car. Do I have the price to high? If so, what's the right price?

I did put it on Auto Trader.com and the only call I got from that ad is an ebay salesman trying to get me to put it on their site.

I do love the car, but it's probably not going to get used much and I'm sure someone out ther will enjoy this car more than I am.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wouldn't lower yours to far.... mine might not be for sale for very long. I don't have to sell it. I just thought someone might enjoy it a whole lot more than I am right now. I just don't drive it much at all, but now the thought of it being sold is making really love it again. This is one of the strongest, tightest vipers I've ever seen or owned.

Mine is the same way. Everything is right on the money with this car. Gauges are accurate, interior is tight. It's like the factory took their time making the RT's probably because there were so few :2tu:

Okay guys, I've had very little interest shown in this car. Tell me what you think it would take to sell this car. Do I have the price to high? If so, what's the right price?

I did put it on Auto Trader.com and the only call I got from that ad is an ebay salesman trying to get me to put it on their site.

I think it's just the economy. 2 years ago, their were no B/W 97s for sale. When one did come up, it sold for $58K. I'm afraid it will only get worse, if mine sells, great. If it doesn't, that's fine too.

Toby

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is one of those running around Cincinnati and it always turns my head when I see it.

My 2 cents...

Keep it and see if the economic outlook changes next spring.

If so, demand will rise and that beauty will sell for 50K++

KenH

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I can attest that this car is sharp, but sadly it is neglected by Cody who leaves it parked in the garage all the time while he plays with his FE.

OP
OP
C O D Y

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The car has always had stock wheels on it. They do show the normal wear, but not bad at all. Rear tires are 95% new. I do have a set of brand new stock 97 wheels for if someone had wants a perfect set.

With so little interest, I wonder if lowering the price to $39,900 would even get anyone interested. Kinda feels like no one is buying right now.

01sapphirebob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great looking car. I've never seen one in person that wasn't modified in some way. A completely stock '97 is pretty rare. Good luck with your sale. If I didn't already have an rt/10 i'd be all over that car.
The car has always had stock wheels on it. They do show the normal wear, but not bad at all. Rear tires are 95% new. I do have a set of brand new stock 97 wheels for if someone had wants a perfect set.

With so little interest, I wonder if lowering the price to $39,900 would even get anyone interested. Kinda feels like no one is buying right now.

Asp Man

Enthusiast
Reaction score

OK, must be thinking of another one from your region. There was one, I'm sure from WA, at an event in the Okanagan in '05 that had some aftermarket wheels, seeing as there were only 53 made, I thought it may have been yours.
Good luck with the sale, it's a great looking, rare, bargain of a car! I cannot imagine why there hasn't been much more interest.:dunno:

Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ugh. No one is buying right now. It's not just cars either. I'd hate to see you lower the price. I think what you have it at is fair. People are just holding on to what, if any, disposable income they have. Good luck with whatever you decide.

viperbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice car - I had one years ago that I sold to Woodhouse. Man, am I tempted to seriously consider it since I have been Viperless for a couple years now...

OP
OP
C O D Y

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Okay, the price is $39,900. This viper is clean and never been wrecked. Nearly brand new rear tires and the original soft top. No leaks or surprises. Call me on my cell if you have any questions. 360-772-5555

OP
OP
C O D Y

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll probably regret doing this, but what price does everyone think it would take to sell this viper? I've not had a single person come look it or even call!

Does $36,900 get this viper a new home? I'm only thinking about selling at this price because my wife & I are thinking about paying our home off and that will tap us out of cash.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good grief, hold on to it, the economy is rapidly recovering and we are now in the fall. It would have been much better to try in June.
Hold till May-June next year and I think you will be very surprised what you can get.

viperbob

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey Bob - Can't find the first so you're going for the second one? (LOL)

Hope all is well with you.

Hi Gus, you too, Lee! Things could not be better here in Florida except the roads here cannot compare to those in the MD/VA area, but with the beach practically in my backyard I tend to forget.

Yeah, tossing around a few options...I'd really like a Red '94 (like my 1st) or a '95 but I had a B/W '97 RT10 as well so I am considering it. I also have my eyes on a Yellow/Black '01 that might be for sale - had a Yellow '05 but it did not have Black stripes! Regardless, Viper #7 will be here one of these days since the Porsche just got sold (contrary to what Jane says).

OP
OP
C O D Y

C O D Y

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ya, I think you guys are right. With only Bob PMing me and no other interest at all I might just wait until next year and maybe try again. No offers at all, so I might be taking it off the market.

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good grief, hold on to it, the economy is rapidly recovering and we are now in the fall. It would have been much better to try in June.
Hold till May-June next year and I think you will be very surprised what you can get.

I normally would agree, but I believe this upswing is a false one. Unemployment is still going up and will probably hit 12-15%. Things will start to crater again when inflation hits. And it will hit hard in the next year to 2 years. :(