Rating NE Ohio Viper Dealers

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As noted in an earlier thread I had to contact a dealer to see if I had a active OBD code. I removed two visible codes with my personal scan tool, however, there was a debate on whether the SRT WItech scan tool was required to totally remove those codes. I want to emphasize that it was my totally myfault for the two codes, I removed the air cleaner and that set the code. That is no different then any new car with MAF control over the a/f. My turbo Solstice does the same thing. Why did I do it, I was drag racing and that is what I have always done, I had to see.

Here is where it get interesting, I started contacting dealers in NE Ohio to set up a ten minute visit for them to attach their Witech scan tool. There are three dealers within a forty mile radius. Here is the run down, the dealer calls were made on August 1st.

XX ED TOMKO CHRYSLER JEEP DODGE (Avon Lake, Ohio) - It was difficult to get by the first layer of help, but, I finally did reach a service person, his first comment was, "did you buy the car from us". I explained to him that when I put my order in (11/1/12) they were not an SRT viper dealer. He wanted to argue that they were. After pleading to get in to just attach their scan tool, he gave me a date - it was for August 26th. I said thank you and will never think of purchasing from them.

*** Fred Martin Superstore (Norton, Ohio) - I called twice and was told that service would get right back to me. I called a third time and was told them would get back to me tomorrow - to the best of my knowledge they still have not called back and it is a new week. Would you buy from a dealer like that?

**Brunswick Auto Mart (Brunswick, Ohio) - I called, and went right to service. The service manager that I was talking to had gone through the 2013 Viper training and he put his viper tech on the line. He also had gone through the 2013 viper training. I am set up to see them on Wednesday.

What is your opinion, which dealer would you select for future purchases?

The moral of the story, do not remove or swap you air cleaner element and research the service department before you make purchase decisions. If any of those three had been listed on the SRT site on 11/1, I probably would have purchased local, however, the Woodhouse experience has been exceptional.

BlackSnake99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can call them SRT dealers, but they are still the same polyesther clad minivan hucksters they were when they were just Dodge dealers.

You can put lipstick on a pig......

I Bin Therbefor

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There's room for the bears and there's room for the bulls, it is my sincere hope that all the pigs meet their deserved fate NOW.:headbang:

DMan

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roger that on the Woodhouse experince, the big problem is so many of us live far from a Woddhouse or Tomball. It's a real shame there isn't at least one like them in every state. The last time I went to a dealer in MD was last fall, their "viper techs" couldn't figure out how to reset the TPMS over 2 days.

You couldn't be more right on shopping service as much as you shop the car.

Voice of Reason

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel very fortunate to live 30 minutes from Roanoke. Prior to my purchase I had no idea I was so close to a top Viper dealer. I knew I was in the right place when I toured the service department and right up front proudly displayed were 8 Vipers, ranging from Gen 1 to Gen 4, there for service. Some may say 'Why were there 8 there being serviced! What's wrong!' I think almost every one of them was there for things related to doing what the car was designed to do, from racing them.

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
... *** Fred Martin Superstore (Norton, Ohio) - I called twice and was told that service would get right back to me. I called a third time and was told them would get back to me tomorrow - to the best of my knowledge they still have not called back and it is a new week. Would you buy from a dealer like that?

Unfortunately these guys are more focused on making those goofy commercials than calling you back.

98RT98

Enthusiast
Reaction score
there are 2 GREAT Viper tech. in the Cleveland area with years of Viper experiance. Spitzer Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram in Cleveland and Adventure Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram in Willoughby

OP
OP
J

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are not trained on the G5. Just a guess, but, they probably don't have the witech scan tool. That tool connects online and is licensed to a specific model.

there are 2 GREAT Viper tech. in the Cleveland area with years of Viper experiance. Spitzer Chrysler Dodge Jeep Ram in Cleveland and Adventure Chrysler Jeep Dodge Ram in Willoughby

Smog Dog

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Jack- Brunswick is a HUGE volume dealer. I have no Viper experience with them, but bought my 2012 Ram there. Sales person told me they were allocated 2-2013 Vipers. The day I bought the truck, they had already sold 16 other new vehicles by 1:30 in the afternoon. A dealer I have been considering for G5 work is Bob and Chuck Eddy in the Youngstown area. They sell and own a lot Vipers and are active in the VCA. Let me know how it goes with Brunswick. They are about the same distance from me as Bob and Chuck Eddy.

Bill

CEJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The service guy at Ed Tomko passed the Fool Test with flying colors. What is there to be gained by arguing with a potential customer about something as minor as when they became an SRT dealer?

Hopefully the guys at Brunswick will give you some First Class service.

OP
OP
J

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ed Martin Superstore did call back, the next day, it was on my answering machine. It is still a little strange that it took a full day for a return call.

I went to the Brunwick Auto Mart today and it was a good experience, the tech was knowledgeble and was a huge viper fan.

dmerkle

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I had Mike at Adventure CJD in Willoughby do an inspection for me on a Gen II that I was looking at from Ebay.
Mike was super flexible in the scheduling, got me a great price, and was easy to talk to.
I drove the car 5 hours home that day, took it to Roanoke motors a month later, and their report matched Mikes to the tee.

Thanks again Mike!