Rave: Randomtech Metal Cats from PartsRack

ntmatter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As I was having my Autoform wing installed (see GTS, RT/10 Discussions) I also had the RandomTech high-end metallic substrate cats installed. I ordered these from JonB at Partsrack and they arrived two days later. I went with the more expensive Metallic cats rather than the ceramic ones because I was primarily concerned with heat reduction. Previously, sitting in traffic, the cats had burned my side sill paint black in places and heat was a real problem in my car.

The car now is *vastly* improved. There is a sort of bass thump in the exhaust note that was not there before; loud but not unpleasant at all. Also, after sitting in traffic for a while the side sills are about as warm as towells out of the drier - no problem holding a bare leg against them at all. In addition, the interior is cooler and there seems to be more power (which I need to confirm at the dyno). Anyway, I've heard people talking about the benefits of doing the cats but now I really appreciate what they were saying - this is a highly recommended modification.

As a side note, I also had the side-sill fix done while my car is in the shop. Several buzzes and rattles that were caused by stripped sill screws are now gone, and if you're having cats installed then I'd do this as well.

Cheers,

A.

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice to hear they work well. Please post a picture of your wing, from the side if possible. I have never seen one on a GTS from the side view.

OP
OP
N

ntmatter

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't have emissions tests where I live, but the car is still supposed to be emissions-legal.

A

NCVCA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm getting some Random Tech Metallic Cats next week from Jon. Great to hear positive feedback on them here.

SSSSE YA

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just received a set from Jon and My Viper is at The Viper Shop as we read this. I will have my car back some time next week.I can not wait to hear it and few more Hp will not hurt either.

:usa:

HOGDEALER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ordered mine yesterday with the Corsa also. Going up to JonB's place next week to have his guy (Classic Muffler) do the install. Will they sound as good as my Thumping Custom 103 Cubic Inch Custom Viper Bike????

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Will the car still pass emissions tests?<P>

Dan Cragin was kind enuf to put these thru CA emissions and passed w/ flying colos. Also tried em on a Durango (!) and passed CA

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte