RB1 Nav. - anyone have one for sale?

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been looking on Ebay.. But would prefer to buy from a VCA member. Anyone have on they want to sell? PM me. thanks

OP
OP
T

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I bought mine on ebay and got it very quick and it works great. Just be careful who you purchase from.

I just missed a brand new, in the box unit. with the antenna, most up to date "AF part#" CD, and everything...:(

Dumb question.. But, If I purcahse one that was (for instance) in a "Jeep" prior.. Will the screen still display Jeep? Im assuming it will recognize the harness, and display dodge.. Am I wrong

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It will say whatever it came out of at first, then after running for a few minutes it will say Dodge. I haven't had an issue with mine (in about a month now). I have the iPod adapter (which is great - control your iPod right through the radio). Only thing you really have to make sure you do is change the state from wherever it was purchased to your state...once I did that it was perfect (easy to do in the settings).

OP
OP
T

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It will say whatever it came out of at first, then after running for a few minutes it will say Dodge. I haven't had an issue with mine (in about a month now). I have the iPod adapter (which is great - control your iPod right through the radio). Only thing you really have to make sure you do is change the state from wherever it was purchased to your state...once I did that it was perfect (easy to do in the settings).

yeah, I just did the Ipod last weekend.. So, Im ready to go with the RB1... Hopefully I wont miss the 6-disk changer. My car has RBQ from the factory. So, I'll just hang on to it, in case I want to, go stock again.. It took me almost an entire day to get the Ipod installed. When it should have been about an hour job. But I wanted a neat, factory look. And the ability to remove it, with no evidence,drilling or cutting..

Last edited:

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Once you do the iPod and RB1 there's no need for the RBQ...I've held on to mine just in case I messed something up...but now it's in the closet

OP
OP
T

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Once you do the iPod and RB1 there's no need for the RBQ...I've held on to mine just in case I messed something up...but now it's in the closet

yeah, I realize the RB1 is not the most up to date.. But I like the "factory" look of the unit..

OP
OP
T

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi Ron, Benny has one in his bumblebee that I had at the shop, and it does look great in there.
G

G, Just something else to play with, thats all.. I figured I would get the navigation, since I drive the car so much, you know..:lmao:

Awesome work on the hood.. I saw those pictures..

alpine7822

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The factory look is why I went with it as well. The NAV is not the greatest in the world, but gets you from A to B if needed (the one in my dd is the best I've ever seen). The best feature is being able to control the iPod right through the unit and see everything on the screen. I think you will enjoy it very much!

BennyBad

Enthusiast
Reaction score
it looks great in the car, it works, doesnt sound bad, and its plug and play. just be patient and you can pick one up on ebay new from the dealers that sell there for cheap, i picked mine up from parkjeep for less than 600 including shipping. watch and wait. Benny another (thumbs up to 2 venomous for the hood job.).

85 of 200

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Two things, I know someone that wants 600.00 for one, and if its a unit out of a Jeep or Chrysler, the starter will say Jeep or Chrysler and not change. I assume you have to go to dodge and have them flash it. It does not change on its own. I have put 3 in 2 of which are a Jeep and Chrysler, its been a year and still says the same thing. If your interested in the RB1 PM me with your number and Ill have the guy call.

OP
OP
T

TAXIMAN1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
pm sent... So your saying this one does NOT display Jeep or Chrysler?? But displays Dodge? Does it come with antenna and manual? Very interested.. thanks

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
sorry to resurect an old thread but where did you guys put the gps antanae on your install, i have heard that it will fit on top of the radio inside the dash?

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I will let the details be known when i have the unit in my hands later this wk.. i do not think that the unit will work in a '99 i am pretty sure it will plug and play in '03-'09

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well i got my RB1 and put it in myself(about half an hour start to finish) I ended up paying $420 on Ebay including shipping from Cali-Mich and unit seems to be working just fine. and works very well with the Mopar ipod intergration kit(though i still need to learn to work some of the functions on radio/nav and ipod)

If you are buying there are variables such as are the gps antanae, nav dvd, manual(downloadable for free on internet) included in purchase price.

SylvanSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
just an fyi the Mopar ipod kit will only work with about 80% of the '08 cars not sure if this also applies to '09 i was given this info by the wizard himself.

And a big thanks to JonB @ PartsRack and the Chuck "the Viper Wizard" Tator they both passed on making a sale to me by refering me to another Viper owner who bought one of the Mopar ipod kits they couldn't use and he got rid of some parts he would not be able to use and i got a good deal

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
just an fyi the Mopar ipod kit will only work with about 80% of the '08 cars not sure if this also applies to '09 i was given this info by the wizard himself.

And a big thanks to JonB @ PartsRack and the Chuck "the Viper Wizard" Tator they both passed on making a sale to me by refering me to another Viper owner who bought one of the Mopar ipod kits they couldn't use and he got rid of some parts he would not be able to use and i got a good deal

Uh-Oh, Chuck, he's caught us colluding and price-fixing !!!!

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang