RE: ESC, My viper crash pics

TrackAire

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ferraritoviper,

Your annual insurance premium is only $843.00 per year????

Are you sure thats not every 6 months? If you are correct, please forward me the name of your insuarance company.

It sounds like she'll be better than new when the body shop is done with her.

Cheers,
George

Shank2117

Enthusiast
Reaction score
what tires did you have on it? PS2s?

Weather condition? what went wrong? were you turning while you gunned it?

10BamBam01

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$53K to fix that? That's amazing to me. If you get around to it, I'd love to see a post of the itemized estimate, even in summary form, if you don't mind.

Really sorry to hear about your accident and I hope that the repair goes very well. I had a Mitsu 3000 GT back in the day and cracked it up on the expressway in Chicago (even with nannys :lmao:) Way more damage than what your photos show as I was doing about 85. They fixed it but it was never right again. I'm really grateful that was on a lease.

The next owner was made aware of the damage due to the fact that the damage disclosure ensured that salvage was reported on the title.

wallbanger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
initial estimate on this was 9k but ending up costing 11k.

w31.JPG

Guy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
These prices are crazy! You can literally buy a used SRT10 for parts and have a spare Chassis, Interior, Engine, Gearbox and drivetrain left over!

If I'm not mistaken, the going price for all the body parts (used, great condition) of an SRT10 is about $6,000 (doors not included). Is the labour that bad?

P.S. Good to hear that you're unhurt :)

OP
OP
F

ferraritoviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
ferraritoviper,

Your annual insurance premium is only $843.00 per year????

Are you sure thats not every 6 months? If you are correct, please forward me the name of your insuarance company.

It sounds like she'll be better than new when the body shop is done with her.

Cheers,
George

Yes, it is annual. Been with same broker for 40 yrs. Policy also covers home, valuables, umbrella, 4 cars with the Viper. Clean driving record...until now. formerly The Atlantic Mutual Ijnsurance co, which was taken over by ACE which is present carrier.

WILDASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
F2V,
Sorry to hear about your crash, but just wanted to say kudos to you for your attitude about it, considering some of the comments in the other thread. Sounds like you're taking it as a learning experience (as you should). Hope your luck is better once you get your Snake repaired.

OP
OP
F

ferraritoviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$53K to fix that? That's amazing to me. If you get around to it, I'd love to see a post of the itemized estimate, even in summary form, if you don't mind.

Really sorry to hear about your accident and I hope that the repair goes very well. I had a Mitsu 3000 GT back in the day and cracked it up on the expressway in Chicago (even with nannys :lmao:) Way more damage than what your photos show as I was doing about 85. They fixed it but it was never right again. I'm really grateful that was on a lease.

The next owner was made aware of the damage due to the fact that the damage disclosure ensured that salvage was reported on the title.

It is 5-1/2 pages long! Anyway, 23% is labor, the rest is parts...NEW PARTS. Highlights are: both doors, Rt. front fender, both rockers panels/exhaust covers (thses are the most expensive...$6,100. each), front and rear bumbers, 4 tires, two wheels, Corsa exhausts. As of now, no know damage to frame, suspension, drive train. It's a new car (1500 miles), I want new parts...and the insurance company has blessed the repair I doubt they would sanction a rip off, etc etc. The price for new Viper parts is off the charts due mostly to limited supply in general. The repair time estimate is 2-3 months+ due to Chryslers present problems internally and with part suppliers. I'm told all parts available are presently going into the 2009 model production to finish it off.

1badsrt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here you go, Roy,

You must be registered for see images

thats just wrong....

OP
OP
F

ferraritoviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
F2V,
Sorry to hear about your crash, but just wanted to say kudos to you for your attitude about it, considering some of the comments in the other thread. Sounds like you're taking it as a learning experience (as you should). Hope your luck is better once you get your Snake repaired.

Hey, thanks. I'm cool with any of the comments (even those who jump to conclusions)...usually happens on most any kind of board. I'm also well aware of the over abundance of sincere passion in the Viper community...and the sometimes lack of tolerance, for a Viper newbie who screws up, especially one who was warned (on ViperAlley) of the potential vicious bites

AviP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It is 5-1/2 pages long! Anyway, 23% is labor, the rest is parts...NEW PARTS. Highlights are: both doors, Rt. front fender, both rockers panels/exhaust covers (thses are the most expensive...$6,100. each), front and rear bumbers, 4 tires, two wheels, Corsa exhausts. As of now, no know damage to frame, suspension, drive train. It's a new car (1500 miles), I want new parts...and the insurance company has blessed the repair I doubt they would sanction a rip off, etc etc. The price for new Viper parts is off the charts due mostly to limited supply in general. The repair time estimate is 2-3 months+ due to Chryslers present problems internally and with part suppliers. I'm told all parts available are presently going into the 2009 model production to finish it off.
It seems most of the damage is cosmetic. It should be an easy fix when you get all the parts. 2-3 months is a long time but just in time for Christmas! Are you getting it fixed at Tators?

OP
OP
F

ferraritoviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It seems most of the damage is cosmetic. It should be an easy fix when you get all the parts. 2-3 months is a long time but just in time for Christmas! Are you getting it fixed at Tators?

Howdy Neighbor...of course, Chuck is the man....not to mention being only a few miles away from my house. Unfortunately I found it out too late, otherwise would have went to him from jump street. Always thought Tator's sold only Dodge trucks!

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You want to have the frame measured as the very first thing (to determine if the frame has been tweaked and therefore totalled), otherwise you will have lots of issues in the future, that the insurance or factory warranty will not help you with, and it will be difficult to address. I've ridden in Viper's with frame damage and there was a considerable amount of groaning, popping, etc. that non-damaged Viper's don't have. With that much damage, you really are better off replacing the car, but sometimes people are adamant of keeping their cars. Good luck either way :2tu:

V

Venomiss

Ouch and sorry to see your crash pictures. You walked away and that's the most important part.
Since you are a VCA member maybe purchase a raffle ticket and get another Viper to drive......:)

lutz1.jpg

lutz2.jpg

Cop Magnet

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If there's frame damage I would push to have it totalled. I know you want your baby back, but she may never be the same. You may be better off taking a few thou in personal hit and going brand new again.

OP
OP
F

ferraritoviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You want to have the frame measured as the very first thing (to determine if the frame has been tweaked and therefore totalled), otherwise you will have lots of issues in the future, that the insurance or factory warranty will not help you with, and it will be difficult to address. I've ridden in Viper's with frame damage and there was a considerable amount of groaning, popping, etc. that non-damaged Viper's don't have. With that much damage, you really are better off replacing the car, but sometimes people are adamant of keeping their cars. Good luck either way :2tu:

Tks, will do. Insurance has already ok'd the repair...I also have it on lease for 3 yrs.

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking at the crash photos, I'm reminded of the line in Days of Thunder where Robert Duvall says "now go out there and hit the pace car... it's the only damn thing you haven't hit."

Get yourself on the racetrack and get some SERIOUS laps under your belt - IN THE VIPER!!!!

Janni

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looking at the crash photos, I'm reminded of the line in Days of Thunder where Robert Duvall says "now go out there and hit the pace car... it's the only damn thing you haven't hit."

Get yourself on the racetrack and get some SERIOUS laps under your belt - IN THE VIPER!!!!

:hahaup::hahaup::hahaup:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang