Re-upholstering seats?

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have my drivers seat sitting here in my living room preparing to install the 2" seat lowering kit, and what do I find?.....cracks in the side-bolster :omg::crazy2::omg::crazy2:

Anyone ever have their seats re-upholstered? Cost? Time?

Thanks?

Kelly

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
talk to flash gordon, he had it done and it came out perfect. he went and found the correct material and all. i think he has some left or can get it from the guy who did his .....

jasontiff

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I used either superpages.com or yellowbook.com to look up auto upholsterers in my area. The quote I got for rewrapping both front seats in premium leather was $450 total.

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
doesnt jonB have a set for sale right now.

call him or HALF OF ALL ADVERTISING IS WASTED

OP
OP
K

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
doesnt jonB have a set for sale right now.

call him or HALF OF ALL ADVERTISING IS WASTED

LOL...if I was looking to replace my seats, he'd be my first call. But I think I just want to reupholster and add some color into the seats, like maybe lime green center panels or stitching to match the repaint.

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I 1st bought my car, the LH side bolster was scuffed really bad. I took it to the best (and most expensive) place in town. I think they charged me $100 to replace the bolster. It was a perfect match and they were done with it the same day.

OP
OP
K

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
When I 1st bought my car, the LH side bolster was scuffed really bad. I took it to the best (and most expensive) place in town. I think they charged me $100 to replace the bolster. It was a perfect match and they were done with it the same day.

Excellent. That's what I like to hear. :D

okloneranger

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I beiieve the side bolsters are vinyl and the centers are leather.

OP
OP
K

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Yep, that's true. I can see the white fibers underneath the cracks....pleather...hmmmmm :)

Reaction score
$500...both seats, redo the side bolsters and add yellow perforated suede in the centers. I knew a car that did that in red......looked great! Granted, he paid extra for the whole bolt of suede...but he recently traded the left-overs for an SRT-10 Ram hood for his truck. :)

OP
OP
K

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
$500...both seats, redo the side bolsters and add yellow perforated suede in the centers. I knew a car that did that in red......looked great! Granted, he paid extra for the whole bolt of suede...but he recently traded the left-overs for an SRT-10 Ram hood for his truck. :)

Umm....more information please!

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Seasoned Enthusiast?

Is that like the biggest clue EVER you need to join the VCA???

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Two options here. Re-upholster or put in Gen 3 seats....It's gonna cost you 1000 or more to redo the seats or you could put in some Gen 3 seats for not much more. Gen 3 seats ARE FANTASTIC in our Gen 2s! That is what I would do. I can get you the number of a very reputable shop in Arlington if you go the re-upholster route.

You two don't know do you??

Vipermad...welcome back! It's been a LONG time.

Last edited:
OP
OP
K

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Two options here. Re-upholster or put in Gen 3 seats....It's gonna cost you 1000 or more to redo the seats or you could put in some Gen 3 seats for not much more. Gen 3 seats ARE FANTASTIC in our Gen 2s! That is what I would do. I can get you the number of a very reputable shop in Arlington if you go the re-upholster route.

You two don't know do you??

Vipermad...welcome back! It's been a LONG time.

No way in Haiti am I paying $1000 to refinish these seats..

And yeah, I know. :D

CROM

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No way in Haiti am I paying $1000 to refinish these seats..

And yeah, I know. :D

I dunno, perhaps you have some people...I never got into the exterior/interior stuff like you had with your 350Z. It wont be cheap, especially if you outsource to somewhere else (shipping and all). I would personally go with Gen 3 seats if you are planning on doing anything. I love Gen 3 seats in the Gen 2...they are MUCH nicer than our stockers.

OP
OP
K

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dunno, perhaps you have some people...I never got into the exterior/interior stuff like you had with your 350Z. It wont be cheap, especially if you outsource to somewhere else (shipping and all). I would personally go with Gen 3 seats if you are planning on doing anything. I love Gen 3 seats in the Gen 2...they are MUCH nicer than our stockers.

I'm not looking to get too fancy, I just want seats without cracks in them...maybe add a splash of color...I dunno.

Reaction score
I PM'd you Kelly,
As I said....All I did was have the center portions redone in red-perf suede. There was a difference in net and gross cost since I was required to byuy a minimum amount of the suede.....but I recouped enough $$$ to end up with a net cost of about $500 (I woul dhave to pull the receipt...if I even have it...I might have sent it off with the Viper long ago), but I recall something like $239 a seat. Youmight factor in a tad more for the bolsters...but if you just want them redone like stock....with vinyl, then I doubt it would be that much. :)

There should be pictures in the gallery...I might see if I can find them (only because it is too dark to go put the hood pad on the SRT-10 Ram hood). :)

2seats1.jpg

BigBadViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I redid my seats in my 3000Gt using a kit from leatherseats.com. They looked very good and it held up well. It cost about $650 but that was for front and back.