Real world Selling price of rebuilt 97 GTS??

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What is the real world selling price for a 97 GTS that has been rebuilt.?

Yes, it is my car.

31K miles.
rebuilt motor, including lighter ross pistons, balanced, mild head flow work.
corsa, New rear PS2's.

Car was red, now B/W.

Looks good, not flawless, everything works well.

And as far as frame work goes, the frame was correctly repaired and was +/- 1MM from spec. the factory allows for +/- 3MM, so it was done very well.

What is fair?
thanks

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No offense, but with the type of damage you are declaring i suspect not much more than mid 30's. I've seen real B&W's that were damaged and repaired go for low and mid 30's. you got a cool color for the repaint so there may be some people who are in to that. but your primary target buyer is a racer who doesn't care about the history of the car. and if 'rebuilt' was engine AND frame/body, low or mid 30's is more like it.

sorry to say. don't be hatin'...

JD

V

venms96

I'm not sorry to say the Truth........my opinion of course, and it's not a horrible low price either - $30-35,000. That's from looking at Vipers for years now, garage queens to racers, to salvage cars - the whole lot. 35k is even pushing it in my opinion. You can find a real B/W with miles on it - if you look long enough.....for high 30's - mid to high 40's.

Frame damage is a big deal, no matter the specs. Engine mods, was red-now B/W, etc......$30k Viper.

I think that's being realistic and fair to a seller and buyer.

my .02 cent of course, no hatin goin on here either.....

OP
OP
H

hemibeep

Viper Owner
Reaction score
no hatin' here.
Trying to see what everyone thinks.
The motor is very strong for a stocker, slow E.Ts with spinning, but a 122mph trap. not bad for stock exhaust manifolds.

Not sure if I really want to sell her(but would entertain serious offers), but it would be nice to have the space back for a new project.

VENOMAHOLIC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
:needpics:

Lots of work went into that car I am sure. Tough market today. Personally I would enjoy owning it for at least a year and get some use out of it and then sell it. The extra mileage you put on cannot significantly lower it's value. See it as cheap transportation. Today getting over 30 would be a long wait for a rebuild no matter how good a job was done. Best of luck!