Rear bumper facia blackouts???

RikRok

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just picked up my rear facia from being repainted. He forgot to paint the 3 recessed areas black. Being impatient as I am and didn't want to leave it there til next week, I took it home and thought I would spray it myself. After spending an hour and half a roll of masking tape, I am not happy trying to mask it myself. Anyone know if someone offers a die cast set cut out of vinyl?

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only inserts I can think of are the stainless steel ones that some vendor offers, can't remember their name. You could always buy them and have the vinyl shop make inserts based on them.

OP
OP
R

RikRok

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hmmmmmmmm, if I could find the stainless I would just put those in.

EllowViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I taped mine out just fine. Don't try and use the 3" tape on those tight corners...LOL. Go to the paint shop and get the 1/8 in fine line tape so you can make the tight bends...then use the wider tape to get the coverage you need. It takes some time and finesse...but YOU CAN DO IT !!

OP
OP
R

RikRok

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I taped mine out just fine. Don't try and use the 3" tape on those tight corners...LOL. Go to the paint shop and get the 1/8 in fine line tape so you can make the tight bends...then use the wider tape to get the coverage you need. It takes some time and finesse...but YOU CAN DO IT !!

Heyyyy, I was only trying to use 2" tape.

The Viper Store? I looked, could not find them there. Every other adhesive backed shiny bling for your car though...

The Viper Store Accessories and parts for your Viper

I checked thier site myself and didn't see anything, I did send them a email to make sure.

OP
OP
R

RikRok

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Kewl,,,,thanks. Plus they have a few knick knacks to bling my Smart Car.

ViperTony

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Instead of shiny things you could just use 3 bumper stickers. I can send you a bunch of Tator's Dodge bumper stickers.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Kewl,,,,thanks. Plus they have a few knick knacks to bling my Smart Car.

If you decide to get them, do me a favor and make a Xerox copy of them and send it to me. I can have vinyl ones made from it.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960