Rear calipers in 38mm and 40mm available

AG98RT10

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Tom, just wanted to post here how delighted I am with the 40MM install. You are very helpful over the phone and a pleasure to deal with, as well. I took the Viper in for the brake system work Friday, and was thrilled to find the installation bill at the local muffler and brake shop for all four wheels (Stop Tech slotted rotors front and rear, your rear calipers, Stop Tech Stainless Steel lines, Motul Dot 4, and Brakeman 3 pads all around) was only 165.00!! Tech took a solid four hours - me helping with the brake bleeding and just generally observing things. I joked with him and said he'd know exactly how to do the job when he got his next couple of Vipers in there! (Not likely in these parts)
I still need to bed the brakes but already just coming home I thought I could feel the increased capability. I need to evaluate the overall system and decide what to do, if anything, with the still stock proportioning valve - leave it in, remove it, or put in an adjustable one.
Anyway, will UPS my old calipers to you tomorrow. Thanks for the great service!
John :cool:

OP
OP
T

Tom F&L GoR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
John, the true test comes when the deer jumps out in front!

I've found a machine shop that seems willing to cast new calipers in aluminum. That would take care of the #1 problem with this project, the source of cores. And it would be lighter than OEM or any other rear brake system. I'll let everyone know how that works out.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ctrengine