1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rear Fascia Accents

Discussion in 'SRT10 and SRT10 Coupe Discussions' started by CHAOS, Dec 10, 2009.

1. CHAOS

CHAOS Viper Owner

What is the material for the Rear Fascia Accents? Can they be chromed or are they plastic?

2. Art 138

Art 138 Viper Owner

I had those on my previous Viper and the material appears to be composite (not metal)....it comes from Mopar in a semi-black gloss paint.

3. AbsolutHank

AbsolutHank Viper Owner

Mine appear to be plastic...kinda like the side vent material and color

4. SilveRT8

SilveRT8 Viper Owner

It is plastic,
    Here's mine with rear fascia and diffusers painted silver :
    [​IMG]

5. wallbanger

wallbanger Enthusiast

u can't chrome em but like claude says u can paint em

[​IMG]

6. SilveRT8

SilveRT8 Viper Owner

Hey Wallbanger
    I liked the look on yours too much, so I copied.
    I will probably add 2 more diffusers and get a rear spoiler too.

7. Newport Viper

Newport Viper Viper Owner

8. SCLSSRT10

SCLSSRT10 Enthusiast

You can also call Autoform(616)-392-4909, they offer large ones that are stainless steel. They can be installed in less than 30 minutes. Another option is call Real Wheels(847)-662-7722, they offer stainless steel plates that glue to both sides of the stock diffuser fins. You can't go wrong with either of these products. I hand the Autoform parts on my original '03 SRT10 silver convertible. If you go to their website @ Welcome to the Autoform Development Group there will be pictures showing their products on an SRT10. That silver car was my first Viper. I had installed every SRT10 they offered on my car. They make great products and are race track proven.

9. wallbanger

wallbanger Enthusiast

yea, and i copied your rims...your car looks great claud...show me a pic when u have the extra diffusers on and painted

10. AbsolutHank

AbsolutHank Viper Owner

Just leave 'em black...that way they are kinda OE looking!

[​IMG]

11. wallbanger

wallbanger Enthusiast

hank u can't even see them on a black car so what is the point

12. Rollin4

Rollin4 Enthusiast

Hank, that looks fantastic lowered. How do you drive it that low? I would have the front facia torn off it in no time on these Louisians roads.

13. AbsolutHank

AbsolutHank Viper Owner

Harvey...thats incorrect. In person, with different lighting, you can absolutely tell they are there. I just prefer to have mods look and flow like they would have came from the factory. If they are painted a contrasting color that doesn't match anything else on the car, they don't look OE:2tu:

Honestly, its not that bad. I can't do speed bumps, but nothing else stops me really. You just change your driving style around parking lots etc, and keep your eye out on the road...something I've done with my last lowered cars:drive:

14. CHAOS

CHAOS Viper Owner

This is my first Viper so I am counting on you guys to keep me straight, is putting in chrome accents ghetto?? (When I mentioned lambo doors my wife slapped me and said there is a reason they are called "lambo" doors)

Anyway, the car is black with no badges and the back looks real plain. We are going for a finished look, I hate to say it but sort of a "fake" exhaust look so I would like the gray/silver color if I cant get them chromed.

Wallbanger, the back of your car looks great, did you do this yourself with the Krylon plastic paint or drop it off at a body shop?

15. AbsolutHank

AbsolutHank Viper Owner

I think since you framed the question about the chrome accents, you already knew the answer.

Also, give your wife a high five for us...scissor doors belong on Lambo's.

[​IMG]

16. cujo200231

cujo200231 Enthusiast

Awesome car....Im looking for that spoiler, where did you get it from and how much? also, do you have pics from other angles so I can see the spoiler?

17. wallbanger

wallbanger Enthusiast

body shop did it... Home

18. wallbanger

wallbanger Enthusiast

19. wallbanger

wallbanger Enthusiast

20. FastestBusaAround

FastestBusaAround Enthusiast

I had my rear facia on my 08 VVO Vert painted black...it looks awesome.

21. Got Venom

Got Venom Enthusiast

Hank,

That is the nicest Black Viper I have ever seen. The looks of it so low are awesome. I don't know what you mean by "I can't do speed bumps" How do you avoid them once you are trapped on a road going up to a winery or something like that? I lowered my car, and have those aluminum rails under the side pods, and hit the rails all the time. My car does not look as lowered as yours, probably because you have bigger wheels. I hope the Viper designers get the wheels under the fenders in their upcoming new 2012 design. They can have regular speed bump clearance capability, if they design it right. Vipers have always looked jacked up, when they are stock.

22. AbsolutHank

AbsolutHank Viper Owner

Thank you! Well, I can get over speed bumps, but it does rub. I just meant I avoid them when possible, which honestly hasn't been an issue yet.

I think its the way the GenII front fascia's are designed, but you can't seem to go nearly as low, safely, as the SRT cars. I agree on the ride height - definitely too jacked up for me stock.

23. Shank2117

Shank2117 Enthusiast

say no to chrome.