Rear Window Support Question

Mike Red 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a 97 GTS and in need of the rear window supports. I went to the dealer to order a new set and they informed me I need to remove the current supports so they could look at them and order the correct set. Are there more than 1 style of supports? Why would I have to show them the current supports?

Jeffsss

Enthusiast
Reaction score
dealer couldnt walk outside and look? i suspect there is one type. perhaps several vendors make it.

alwayscode390

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you talking about the "window shocks"?

Are they supposed to lift the window up themselves or just lock it in the up position?

Mine just locks it in the UP position but I have to pull it all the way up before it catches.

I saw a video yesterday from Dodge showing that the window opened itself up after you pop it open with a key or the latch.

OP
OP
M

Mike Red 97 GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Are you talking about the "window shocks"?

Are they supposed to lift the window up themselves or just lock it in the up position?

Mine just locks it in the UP position but I have to pull it all the way up before it catches.

I saw a video yesterday from Dodge showing that the window opened itself up after you pop it open with a key or the latch.

Yes I am referring to the Window Shocks. When I open with a key I would lift the window until it was fully extended and it would stay in place. Now when I open with a key and fully extend it doesn't stay up.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SKY1960