Recall question!!

Performin Norman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have no idea why I thought of this but it just keeps nagging me. Does anyone know how much more our cars will weigh after the recall kit is installed? Forgive me if you have discussed this before. I don't get in here much.

I called the dealership and asked what the kit weighs or the parts that are installed on the car. They were unsure.

Just curious. Thanks in advance.

Mark Red GTS Cooper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Norman,

I saw the kit today for the front. There are 3 pieces, and all three could not wiegh more than 5lbs.

I was going to have the recall done, but I need to make the oil line from my super charger longer.

Mark

GTS Dean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There is a rear bracing kit as well. It consists of a fabricated channel made of sheet metal - approximately 3" wide with 1.5" flanges. It mounts vertically, tying the lower left rear frame rail to the left diff. mounting bushing. It installs by means of rivets between the half shaft and the toe link adjustment bracket. Probably weighs about 1.5 pounds.

You must be registered for see images

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My car is getting the recall done right now and it has been there for a couple of weeks. He is having a hard time getting the bolts holes to align properly. Did anyone else know if it was suppose to be this difficult?

Mike

ZX1100

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was told that some part of the recall requires some work but for my year I guess I only need work done in the front.

Made an appointment and took mine in this morning before work and picked it up during lunch. Thanks Tom (Service manager for Finish Line Dodge) and Scott (TOOOFST) for doing the welding :)