Recall

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been on the phone today to the dealership thinking it needed a 999 recall, the viper left the factory in Nov 2000, they reckon nothing was showing and no recall work was needed, would that be correct? Any way to check for myself.

OP
OP
N

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Many thanks Chuck, just sent it. Just want to double check for peice of mind, I haven't got that much confidence in Chrysler UK

jackson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Is there an easy way to tell if my Viper has had the 876 recall done (I think it was cooling fan and PCM update). I have a 2000 RT/10 and I believe that recall applies - but, I don't know if it was done by the previous owner/dealer. Thank you for any insight.

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks a lot, Chuck! (for checking my VIN too)
Today, I received the Official DC Recall #999 for my Chrysler Viper GTS, 1999.
According to the DC letter the car should stay at the dealer for 5 (!) days ....... Chuck, how long does it take to do the #999 recall?

Viper Wizard

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks a lot, Chuck! (for checking my VIN too)
Today, I received the Official DC Recall #999 for my Chrysler Viper GTS, 1999.
According to the DC letter the car should stay at the dealer for 5 (!) days ....... Chuck, how long does it take to do the #999 recall?

5 DAYS?? What are they NUTS! :eek: DC is paying the Dealers 2.6[with no cracks] hours for Recall #999!
To do it right, it takes me 3.8 hours!

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would say all of the 2000 cars need it because there are even 2001's that need the recall !!! DC has not recalled them yet, but there are early 2001's that have the SAME front frame design as the 2000's.

We are seeing this with 03 SRT's. There have already been frame and oil pan changes and the year is just getting started.

OP
OP
N

Neil - UK

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After a bit of chasing around Dodge departments, got help from 'International customers' then UK Chrysler recognised there was a problem and a 999 recall was needed. (At first they had never heard of a 999 recall)so hopefully things are progressing

ViperGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
THANKS Chuck!
I am sure the "selected" DC dealer will call me to arrange for the recall repair ...
I have checked my car and found NO cracks so far.