Received an interesting e-mail, what do ya'll think

02ViperTodd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got an e-mail from Red Bull Marketing. They want to wrap my 02 RT/10 with their logo and whatnot. They'll pay me $600/week for 3 months + $300 up front. They have it wrapped and remove the wrap. I can't find anyone familiar with this and I won't do it if there is going to be adverse effects to my paint. I like the novilty of the idea, be some good pics. What do ya'll think?

Thanks,
Todd

01viper4me

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just got an e-mail from Red Bull Marketing. They want to wrap my 02 RT/10 with their logo and whatnot. They'll pay me $600/week for 3 months + $300 up front. They have it wrapped and remove the wrap. I can't find anyone familiar with this and I won't do it if there is going to be adverse effects to my paint. I like the novilty of the idea, be some good pics. What do ya'll think?

Thanks,
Todd

$7,500 could go towards a nice Roe or Paxton.... that being said, I would want to know what other requirements it involved... For example, do you have to appear at a set number of events? Or in theory could you just have it wrapped and then have it sit in the garage. Would someone from Red Bull have to drive it? Etc.

aviatorone

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard Clark Howard talking about this the other week...... to make extra money. It got my attention, as long as it wouldn't harm the paint when its removed.

Red Bull ad, yep!
Female hygiene product ad, uh no!

OP
OP

02ViperTodd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
no required events..just wrap..no one from Red Bull driving. Go about my day to day thing, Deposit the checks. I'm just concerned about the paint being damaged.

RPHJR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
so lets see.. $7500 is what? 25% pf the cars entire value,? No brainer. do it. That wrap stuff comes right off with some heat.

01viper4me

Enthusiast
Reaction score
no required events..just wrap..no one from Red Bull driving. Go about my day to day thing, Deposit the checks. I'm just concerned about the paint being damaged.

I'd do it! I would just see if I could put in the contract that if any damage from the wrap occurs it will be on Red Bulls dime

Tagoo

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Be careful. I believe this is a scam. Do a search. It appears people are losing their cars to these guys.

lxadeuce

Enthusiast
Reaction score
scam. I sent an email to redbull inquiring about this and here was the reply.

Sent: Thursday, May 03, 2012 1:37 PM
To:
Subject: Thanks for dropping us a line!

Hi Brett,

So, you think the Bulls and Sun would look sweet on your car, too?

Thanks for wanting to share the Red Bull love! Unfortunately, we don't have a program in which we offer payment in exchange for vehicle branding, since our logo is not available to the public.

You may have seen our Red Bull Wiiings Team cruising around town - these are owned by Red Bull and bring gifts of Wiiings to those they visit!

With soaring regards,

Kai
Red Bull
Twitter: @RedBull
www.redbullusa.com
http://launchpad.redbullusa.com/arena

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice scam...."we'll just take your car to this warehouse/shop where we wrap it for you and then start sending the checks".....then the next day the warehouse is boarded up and your car is in mexico or in a container headed to Russia. Yowie, thanks for exposing and saving someone their car!

stranger355

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Scam. There is an old saying......geez.....can anyone remember what it is? Hmmm....I think it starts with something like, "if it's too good to be true..." You actually might want to contact your local police department. They'd like to know someone is phising.

Last edited:

Satchmo72

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to say but I was not as fortunate to have chaps like you all around to warn me when I sent my red Viper to be wrapped. This is what I got back. Gotta be the worst wrap I have ever seen. :)

You must be registered for see images

ACR_Matt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sorry to say but I was not as fortunate to have chaps like you all around to warn me when I sent my red Viper to be wrapped. This is what I got back. Gotta be the worst wrap I have ever seen. :)

I like this guy! I forgot to mention this in your other thread but, Welcome to the Club!

DrumrBoy

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Ouch...the horror!

jerseydave

Enthusiast
Reaction score
There was a time when companies did this and paid you a fee for it legitimately, but that time has long since gone. At least you were smart enough to look into it first!

VYPR BYT 94

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Satchmo, I hope insurance came thru with that horrifying experience! :D

OP, Todd... looks like these guys came thru once again on the vca! :2tu:
You were smart to post this question here.

AZTVR

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hadn't heard of this new scam scheme; but, it sure did sound like one. (unsolicited email offering money in some way.)

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Todd, don't listen to these guys, I'm being truthful. Just give me the keys to your car and I'll take care of the rest. The checks should be rolling in within 2 weeks.

On another note, I'll be in town this weekend. Got anything going on? Let's grab a beer somewhere.

OP
OP

02ViperTodd

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks all..My kids are gonna really be bummed out. They thought we'd be like rock stars. I just wanted a free vacation.

Chad, weather looks like it's gonna **** Saturday and maybe Sunday but give me a call..

Thanks Again,
Todd