Record pass?? 11.19 ET 129.45MPh 08 Coupe

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well I finally decided to make a trip to sea level before the air temp gets much hotter. I went to Famoso raceway outside bakersfield california.

I was tired of not seeing any good times out of the new coupes when I think they are very capable. 10 hrs later and we were in bakersfield and the temps were in the 60's. The track prep there is awesome!

First run off the trailer, I haven't been to a drag strip since 1.5yrs ago so I was a little rusty, 11.87 @ 126mph. I thought, oh crap, this is a long ways from a 10 second pass. Next run 11.6, then 11.5, and the last run of the day 11.3 @125mph. The density altitude was between 1400-1600 all day saturday.

Sunday was the drive home day so I was only going to make 2 maybe 3 passes. Density altitude was 1300-1400. 1st run of the day was the 11.19 et @126mph.

I have a video of the 11.19 pass that is okay but I have to convert it and it will take some time.

There is definitely a 10 second pass with some more practice and the right conditions
You must be registered for see images

You must be registered for see images

OP
OP
U

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW, 100% bone stock down to the air filters, tires, and computer. 700 miles on the car.

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BTW, 100% bone stock down to the air filters, tires, and computer. 700 miles on the car.

Great run! Not quite a record but not far off. I ran 11.07 at 130mph in my 08 ACR last year on my 5th pass with only 200 miles on the odo and a paper tag still on the car.
A few more pass's and you might beat that!

SnakeBitten

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Only a matter of time before the 10's cherry is popped by a fully broken in one. These cars are simply nasty. Should have a list of the fastest Gen IV's now.

OP
OP
U

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great run! Not quite a record but not far off. I ran 11.07 at 130mph in my 08 ACR last year on my 5th pass with only 200 miles on the odo and a paper tag still on the car.

Great pass there! I would love to see your time slip on that run.

MY600HP

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score

Great run Todd. I know there is more in the car, 128 - 130 mph seems about right after a few thousand break-in miles (in our air) so keep driving her!

Last edited:

Speedfreak

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Great Run, congratulations! I actually lived in Bakersfield for 4 years (2000-2004). Its a nice track altough I never got to race there. Altitude I think is around 650 feet. All you needs is a nice cool fall or winter day and 10's are around the corner. It starts warming up there pretty fast in march (80's) but there may be a cold snap or two left. I'd keep checking that forecast and see if you can get another crack at it.

OP
OP
U

utahviper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. Your MPH in the 8th is awesome. You must power shift or shift alot faster than me because my 330ft time is quicker than yours and your 1/8 mile time is quicker than mine. You also must have had better air than mine because your back half of the track is 3.793 vs. 3.87. That is amazing that your car was a tenth faster than mine on the back half of the track without shifting any gears, just pure HP!

I am just glad you can't go out to the track and beat me to the 10's, I hear there is some bad weather on the east coast. Also, did you take your wing off or leave it installed?

Great runs!

99FRC

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Nice number...add a DR and it's a easy 10.9's car!!!

1TONY1

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Any idea what the DA/corrected elevation was for your pass ? Also, did you have the ACR tires or those slick ones like Utahs car :D :drive:

HI-NOS-Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wow awesome. Way to go with the runs. The 10's are right around the corner for sure. Ok SpeedFreak we still need to get you in a Gen 4 also.

jamie furman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. Your MPH in the 8th is awesome. You must power shift or shift alot faster than me because my 330ft time is quicker than yours and your 1/8 mile time is quicker than mine. You also must have had better air than mine because your back half of the track is 3.793 vs. 3.87. That is amazing that your car was a tenth faster than mine on the back half of the track without shifting any gears, just pure HP!

I am just glad you can't go out to the track and beat me to the 10's, I hear there is some bad weather on the east coast. Also, did you take your wing off or leave it installed?

Great runs!

Actually I don't think I had better air than you as it was about 78 degrees out that day, the reason I had a better 2nd half et wise than you was probably because my front half was better than yours and it just carries over because I don't powershift and I do shift into 4th. I think the wing on the ACR started to slow it down as your car actually picked up more mph than me (30 to 28) in the 2nd half of the 1/4 mile. Even though I see we had the same 60' times I was having traction issues in 2nd gear and had to lift quickly on a few of my passes. The ACR tires are supposedly stickier and maybe when you get heat in them they are, but at a dragstrip I haven't found that to be the case as I have run 1.7's with my runflats on my Z. I ran the car both ways and best run was with the wing but I think it might mph better with it off? I am going to beat you into the 10's! I hope!:)

Last edited:

Newport Viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
From SRT engineers

Question: How much slower is the '08 ACR than a non acr '08 as far as top speed and 1/4 mile times?

The ACR 0-60 times are identical to the 08 SRT-10.

In the 1/4 mile, the ACR is about 0.1-0.2 seconds slower than the SRT-10.

We just tested the top speed of the ACR at our Arizona Proving Grounds and reached a top speed of 177 mph.

Of course the reason for the top speed reduction is the drag trade-off due to the downforce improvements. Although the wing, splitter, and diveplanes are extremely efficient (increase downforce at around a 7:1 ratio to drag penalty), the top speed will suffer. Don't worry too much, if they can catch back up to you on the straight, they'll have no chance of staying with you through the corner.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang