Reduce heat gain

NickB

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

I just picked up my first Viper (2004) and have been doing ton of general research. One thing that everyone knows about is the heat gain inside the car. I’m currently looking into replacing the radiator and installing a full Belanger system. From the limited research I’ve done both of those things should reduce the amount of heat significantly. Has anyone attempted to reduce the heat gain and if so please share what you’ve done and the results.
Thank you.

Last edited:

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
Why replace the radiator? I've never heard of a gen 3 having cooling issues unless it had some serious engine mods. My cam and exhaust build makes close to 600hp on the stock radiator and even on track it barely gets over 210 or 220 even on 90+ degree days.

As for other things to do, I think there have been a few threads here in the past where people have put in some extra insulation to try to beat the heat. There are some different wraps people have put around the mufflers especially to keep the side sill temps down. I think I remember someone else gutting the whole interior and putting in some extra insulation under the carpet as well.

TexasViper35

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ditto on what MoparMap said about the radiator. Not needed.

Just replace exhaust with a cat back system, I have Borla. Doing that will eliminate the H Pipe that sits in the middle of the car, connecting the two sides of the exhaust. After fitting my Borlas the interior heat dropped to where I don’t think that it is affected at all by the exhaust. And the side sills stay cool to the touch.

Might as well add that once installed and positioned correctly you should drill a hole in each and add a self taping ***** so that they don‘t move / migrate over time, which they will, ask me how I know.

OP
OP
NickB

NickB

VCA Venom Member
Venom Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I appreciate the info. I’ll likely install Corsa cat backs as they supposedly reduce the drone noise. I’m not looking for obnoxiously loud exhaust either.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lennatave