Regular Maintenance

Vip23er

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have just recenetly purchased my first Viper and am curious as to the best way to get it serviced. From what I understand, there are Viper Techs who are trained to work on Vipers. How do I find out if the local Dodge Dealership has a Viper Tech? Is it as simple as calling and asking? Also, when I take it in, am I guaranteed that only that Viper Tech will be working on my car? I dont want to find out later that sommething was done incorrect because an 18 year old kid was working on it.

V

Venomiss

I have just recenetly purchased my first Viper and am curious as to the best way to get it serviced. From what I understand, there are Viper Techs who are trained to work on Vipers. How do I find out if the local Dodge Dealership has a Viper Tech? Is it as simple as calling and asking? Also, when I take it in, am I guaranteed that only that Viper Tech will be working on my car? I dont want to find out later that sommething was done incorrect because an 18 year old kid was working on it.

First question-where are you from?
This thread has three pages of dealerships that have Viper Techs from all areas of the country.
http://forums.viperclub.org/dealer-...-post-good-first-time-buyers.html#post2400410

V

Venomiss

Call around and ask in Topeka. Or call McCarthy Dodge in KC where they have a Viper Tech.

KURT E

Viper Owner
Reaction score
No techs in T-town. Come to KC on a Friday night and hook up with the KC VCA chapter. Sitting at Sonic on 21st street *****. Send me a PM if you have any questions about locations, local club meetings (check us out next week) etc.

Kurt E

Last edited:
V

Venomiss

No techs in T-town. Come to KC on a Friday night and hook up with the KC VCA chapter. Sitting at Sonic on 21st street *****. Send me a PM if you have any questions about locations, local club meetings (check us out next week) etc.

Kurt E

That's VIS for those that read the small letters.:D

xjrguy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You can do it yourself too if you are mechanically inclined.

I installed:

New iridium spark plugs
Oil change with filter
Corsa track exhaust
New Diehard Platinum battery

Plus you know the stuff is done right and nobody joyrides your car (or is tempted to)

The only thing I didn't do myself so far is get the blower motor replaced. I let the dealer do that under warranty.

Bonus is you get to put the parts/oil you want in the car and you keep all the tools you need to buy to do the job again or on another vehicle.

Tim

mike & juli

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome vip23er!! Congrats on your new viper~! You DO have to ask for a VIPER TECH...make an appt. with one...MEET him, ask his experience...YOU are the customer, it's YOUR right. PICS when you can!!!~~~~juli

OP
OP
V

Vip23er

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I appreciate all the response. I have actually been to one of the Friday night meetings in Overland Park, KS. It was back when I had just got a 2007 Vette. I guess when I drive up this time, it will be a friendly welcome :)

V

Venomiss

I appreciate all the response. I have actually been to one of the Friday night meetings in Overland Park, KS. It was back when I had just got a 2007 Vette. I guess when I drive up this time, it will be a friendly welcome :)

If it's non warranty work and you join the club you might want to talk with our resident KCVCA vice president and mechanic extrodanaire. He is the best.:)

Racer Robbie

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You need to be careful of the so called viper techs at the dealers. there are a lot of dealers selling vipers who are not viper certified and they do not have viper certified techs. They buy vipers from dealers who are certified and then resell them. This is a huge problem here in CT. That god we have Chuck Tator in NY. You need to ask the service manager to show you the viper techs current certification papers and then ask to talk to the tech. make sure the paperwork is up to date. and remember, just because he can pass the exam on paper it does not make him a great tech.

dave6666

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Buy your own tools and manuals. Be your own tech. Too many horror stories get posted here of service work gone bad.

Or use someone that comes recommended by another Viper owner that has personal experience at that location with a specific person or tech.

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
KC is a great Club ( I may be biased ) and feel free to call us for any info on the new Snake ( proper filter, oil change intervals, etc. ). The gang in the KC area will shoot you straight and there are some members in Topeka that can assist you also.

Welcome,

Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse
1-800-889-1893
KC VCA Member:2tu:

OP
OP
V

Vip23er

Viper Owner
Reaction score
What I am looking for right now is to just get the oil changed. I am definately not "mechanically enclined" to do it myself. Any recomendations on someone that would be good to use in the KC area? From what I have heard, there is no one in Topeka qualified to work on them.

xjrguy

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Wish I was closer, I'd help you out.

The hardest thing about a Viper oil change is disposing of the old oil!

Tim

goldcup

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The person I would contact is Jerry Dobson with the kcvca you can trust him with your car and you can trust him with your money,pm me and I will get him in touch with you.Look forward to seeing you and the car on a friday evening.What did you get year color etc..or did I miss that?