Release of Custom Cars

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just trying to start a clean thread of WHERE ARE THE CARS.

We know the following:

1. Approximately 350 cars will precede the custom orders.

2. A few custom Stryker Red cars have been moved beyond "Scheduled".

3. When the Ohio VCA did the factory tour (3/22) there had been approximately 150 cars finished.

4. There have been approximately 19 working days since that benchmark.

5. If we assume a daily production range of 8 to 10 cars per day, that means that at this point they have produced an additional 151 to 190 cars.

6. The conclusion is obvious, they have now produced between 300 and 340 cars.

6. This means that the custom, cars will start this week. Please, add to or correct these broad assumptions. Has any additional/current info been released.

7. If the custom cars do not start this week, all the info we have about production is not correct.\

8. Lastly, what is a little strange is that we have not seen a few SRT's with stripes, you would think marketing would want a few of those out in public.

BILL P, IF YOU ARE LISTENING PLEASE INJECT YOUR INSIGHT

Last edited:

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought it was only 300 first run cars? Could and probably am wrong.

Hopefully they hit custom orders this week. Been patiently waiting... :(

OP
OP
J

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought:

150 Blue/white LE
150 Red SRT with track pack and leather
40-50 Red dealer demo's

I thought it was only 300 first run cars? Could and probably am wrong.

Hopefully they hit custom orders this week. Been patiently waiting... :(

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
here we go:

http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/663471-caap-pics?p=3165545&viewfull=1#post3165545

...Conner's plan is to build 150 GTS Blue w/white stipes 'Launch Edition" models, along with 100 SRT Vipers in red, and 50 dealer GTS units also in red (but loaded with the wonderful Laguna leather package inside, Alcantara headliner, etc. ) So the first 300 units are 'pre-spec-ed', after which we will begin building all the remaining 2013MY cars - many of them unique, thanks to the low launch year volume.

So, 300 prespec'd

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hmmm thanks for amplifying my anxiety:). Seriously though, glad the thread was started because it seems as though all SRT dealer cars and LE's should be complete by now.

If this year's production is 800 units, does that mean 500 custom orders?

I heard that they are starting 12 builds per day, not 8 or 10 and that they are even working Saturdays.

I still have fingers crossed for June delivery. What are your respective salesmen telling u guys?

OP
OP
J

Jack B

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Everything you said follows logic, however, we have not seen a single custom car yet (except a few practice Strykers)?? Once the first custom lands is the key. I have a November order with a a VIN ending in 104 and a 2/27 D1 production date. My salesman as of last week did not have any concrete data, but, he also thought custom's would start in April.

Hmmm thanks for amplifying my anxiety:). Seriously though, glad the thread was started because it seems as though all SRT dealer cars and LE's should be complete by now.

If this year's production is 800 units, does that mean 500 custom orders?

I heard that they are starting 12 builds per day, not 8 or 10 and that they are even working Saturdays.

I still have fingers crossed for June delivery. What are your respective salesmen telling u guys?

Last edited:

ViperSmith

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had pegged (via 8 cars a day) custom ones would start this week. So, hopefully it is the case. I'd love to see VOTS switch over by next week!

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
well i ordered December 2012, I'm only in D status and have a VIN ending in 495. Spoke with my salesman last week and he said it'd be "at least" two more months of waiting.

Few weeks back when SRT engineers had a live Q&A on line I specifically asked if orders would be pushed to model year 2014 and they responded "no."

I actually encountered a rare opportunity to get a LE right now but decided to stick with my custom order instead. Missing 1/2 the season is doable but missing all of it would really ****.

I'm guessing that a Happy Independance Day is more realistic than a Happy Cinco De Mayo at this point.

If anyone has updates on ustom Orders please chime in.:eater:

Rescuecap40

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I have been in contact with my dealer almost daily and even went to see him face to face yesterday. I am waiting on LE #82. He said it has moved to "G" status, but couldn't give me a good ship date estimate. He also said the status has not changed all week. I asked him to do a search of LE's on the ground within 500 miles and he found a handful, one of which was within 30 miles and was unsold. Two things confused me about the LE on the ground: first it was #128, which you would think would ship after #82, not before, and second, it was unsold. Not sure why an unsold car would get built and shipped before a customer order?

Obviously I couldn't resist taking a ride to see #128 in person and it was spectacular! Makes me even more anxious to get mine. If the dealer wasn't looking to get 10% over sticker I would have bought it on the spot. In short, all of the initial 300 spec'd cars are not built yet, and so the build-per-day must be much lower than what we are thinking.

Policy Limits

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just asked the CEO on twitter what a realistic expectation is for custom order delivery. :feedback:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
potterb4