Remove dash for ipod install

Red94Roadster

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just purchased an 06 SRT-10 and have not yet had a chance to pick up the service manual. Can someone list the steps to remove the dash, in order to get behind the radio...I don't want to miss a screw or clip and break something.

There are the obvious screws on the dash, but ti seems that you have to remove the shifter bezel and center armrest prior to the dash.

Thx

dsg03svt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Subscribing. I have a very annoying rattle behind the dash that I would like to check out asap.

billseast

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just purchased an 06 SRT-10 and have not yet had a chance to pick up the service manual. Can someone list the steps to remove the dash, in order to get behind the radio...I don't want to miss a screw or clip and break something.

There are the obvious screws on the dash, but ti seems that you have to remove the shifter bezel and center armrest prior to the dash.

Thx

I will try to step it out for you.

First unscrew the shifter. Take out the screws that hold the shifter boot in. then slowly start working the trim piece up it has a few metal clip that hold it in. After you get the trim piece up you have to unplug the window switches (they have a small part you have to push in the get them to unplug cad use a small screw driver or sometimes your fingers can get it done)and the lighter plug (plug just pulls strait out the back). If you pull the ebrake all the way up you can just turn the lower trim piece out of your way.

Top trim has the six screws that you can see and also one that you can not see until you pull the lower trim piece off.After you pull all the screws out you have to pule it out and unplug the starter switch and the ac controls( they have small tabs that you can use a small screw diver to help you unplug them). Them set that top trim piece aside. There are 3 or 4 screws that hold the radio in can be seem real easy. Then just side it out and unplug it.I have a pic of when i put my Sirius in on my 03.I hope this helps just take your time and it will be easy.
You must be registered for see images attach

02 Graphite GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Subscribing. I have a very annoying rattle behind the dash that I would like to check out asap.

Not to hijack the original poster...
I also had a very annoying rattle coming from behind my dash. Turned out to be the defroster vent on top of the dash. The grill will pop out and then you can reach in with your fingers to the plastic vent duct. Mine had come loose and was the cause of the rattle.

Now back to your regular programming ......;)

02 Graphite GTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a rattle in there on rough roads. If it is the vent how did you secure it??

Using a small screwdriver, I popped up the vent grill. It's really hard to see in there, but I could reach in with my fingers and felt that it was completely loose in there. I just kinda wiggled it around and pushed it down and forward to re-seat it.

Rattle gone........for now :cool:

dsg03svt

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not to hijack the original poster...
I also had a very annoying rattle coming from behind my dash. Turned out to be the defroster vent on top of the dash. The grill will pop out and then you can reach in with your fingers to the plastic vent duct. Mine had come loose and was the cause of the rattle.

Now back to your regular programming ......;)

Is this on your gen 2 or 4?

stopltracr

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I just installed an iPod adapter in mine this morning. I didn't take off the shift knob or unplug any connectors. I removed all the bolts/screws holding the dash pieces and managed to pry them out of the way enough to get the radio out enough to hook up the iPod adapter.