Replacing Door speakers

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm looking at hopefully getting my speakers replaced in my 96' RT/10 tomorrow w/some 4 way Sony XPlods. Is it any tricks/tips I need to know about? To replace the door speakers, does the door panel have to come off or can I just remove the grille and get the speaker out that way? Thanks in advance!

Joseph Dell

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It was a long time ago, but I don't think the door panel needs to come off at all... just remove the speakers and you'll have access to reach your hands in there.

Good luck!

BTW - make sure the door will close properly w/ the XPLOD grill on the door. vipers are notorious for needed smaller grills...

JD

Batboy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure if this helps as I have a '99 GTS but here goes. I do not need to remove the panel to remove the speaker. There is only 3 screws to remove the speaker. The bad news is the speaker wire has a connector. If you want to use the factory wire you need to un-solder the wires from the speaker. You can always run new wires to the radio or splice into the existing wire. Good luck.

GodShall

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You cannot just replace them but need to replace the entire system. Dodge like many other manufacturers put in a 6 ohm system and most aftermarket speakers are 4 ohm. You cannot run 4 and 6 ohms together.

Well, you can but will destroy your amp. That is a guarantee..

OP
OP
V

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Will it destroy the system if I am replacing the console speakers as well? I dont want to pour a lot of money into this project, I just want some speakers can will sound a little clearer (and handle bass better) when the volume is up higher.

OP
OP
V

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another side note...the headunit has already been replaced by the previous owner w/an Alpine indash 3 disc CD changer. Does that make any difference in what I can do and not do without blowing anything up or causing small electrical fires? :)

OP
OP
V

V10SpeedLuvr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another side note...the headunit has already been replaced by the previous owner w/an Alpine indash 3 disc CD changer. Does that make any difference in what I can do and not do without blowing anything up or causing small electrical fires? :)

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tbone96