Replacing plug wires

Bryant

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has any reasonably talented owner gone to the trouble to dismantle the intake manifold, depressurize the injectors and other items in order to replace the wires? I haven't any experience with fuel injection but do have a shop manual. Thanks all.

MoparMap

VCA National President
VCA Officer
Reaction score
I just replaced mine last year. Not a terribly hard job, though a bit involved. There are a few intake bolts that are challenging to get to, but it's a pretty straightforward process. If you've done other automotive jobs you could probably take it on reasonably well. If oil changes are where your talent ends I'd suggest some help, but if you do stuff like brakes and component upgrades I think you're well within your skill level to do it.

VPRPWRD

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The most difficult part is cylinder #9 bolts. You will need a long enough extension as well as a 1/4" drive t30 torx bit. If you have any questions at all feel free to PM me. I can get you anything you need to help you along with the job, including factory service information.

Mamba_153

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tackled this project a few weekends ago without removing the manifold. I decided to use hose puller pliers, flexible claw pick up and a block of wood for leverage between the manifold runners. Patience, music and beer. See pictures
You must be registered for see images attach
You must be registered for see images attach

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Viper123456