Richmond VA Hospital HP Shootout Incident Trial

vipergts1960

Enthusiast
Reaction score
As many of you may recall, we had an incident at the Richmond VA hospital horsepower shootout that resulted in a Corvette driver being arrested then charged with wreckless driving while giving a spirited ride to a veteran. The trial was today and he was found "not guilty." Bob Battle (an attorney in Richmond) tried the case in Federal Court and did an outstanding job. Bob Battle caught the Federal Police Officer and the Prosecuter in a lie that made them lose all credibility with the judge. You just don't hear an ending like this very often. Justice was served!!!

Reaction score
Thanks for the update John!! I was hoping to hear some good news about this.....how did you and Gina do? Did you go....or did you get the report from them? Any juicy details? :)

kcobean

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's fantastic to hear. That whole episode was just wrong, and I'm glad the judge did right by the truth.

Lee00blacksilverGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Excellent! I had a call from Bob Battle prior to the trial asking for my input and I was really impressed with him. I offered all the resources of the club in terms of witnesses, pictures, etc I could put together but he said he had it covered. He said he would prevail and he did. It was like talking to Shark. VERY impressive guy. Federal court is a big deal.

OP
OP
V

vipergts1960

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gina and I did go...I was called to testify but Gina was not. The picture you have of him going for Gina was entered into evidence as to his state of mind...he says he was very calm during the whole process although he said a crowd of people were decending upon him. He said he was going to arrest Gina because "she was saying this is bull@#$% and that I was a p@#$%y". First of all, Gina said it was bull@#$% but it was me that called him a p#$%^y and he walked away! He also denied chasing after a young man who called him a fat *&@$!. There was a picture provided of that as well. Bob Battle shredded him with his contradictions in testimony-the prosecutor and the cop (Barney Fife)tried to make the case that the Vette driver was the only one doing burn outs and that the hospital had no idea or knowledge that we were giving rides to the vets. They denied that any medical techs assisted veterans getting in or out of the cars and Bob provided more than 1 photo of medical techs putting vets into cars. The judge at this point was becoming visibly angry with the prosecution as well as the cop. He knew they were trying to cover their a** and he saw right through them. The prosecutor requested that the comments on the pictures (Your comments, Tony!) be stricken from the record and the judge laughed at her and said the comments were not what was being entered into as evidence. It was her last grasp of a straw! She had an intern try the case because she knew that she was going down and the judge helped her down into her hole! After 2 hours of testimony the judge found the Vette driver not guilty and dismissed the charges and the prosecutor said she wanted to charge him with a lesser charge and the judge said no, that the trial was over. We had lunch talked about what a complete idiot the prosecutor was, shook hands, and promised to keep in touch. We made a friend for life.

ViperJoe

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is my update on the original thread.......

http://www4.forum.viperclub.org/showflat...e=0&fpart=3

According to the owner, the prosecution testimony was given that the car was speeding (emphasis on speeding) through the parking lot, when the vehicle was actually stationary doing the doughnuts. Of course when he and his lawyer heard this they were like where in the world did this come from.

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Awesome ending to this story. So.....what are we going to do next year to piss off Barney?

99 R/T 10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I want to know if Barney can be charged with perjury and if the couple will be compensated for harassment and false prosecution. :2tu:

Reaction score
According to the owner, the prosecution testimony was given that the car was speeding (emphasis on speeding) through the parking lot, when the vehicle was actually stationary doing the doughnuts. Of course when he and his lawyer heard this they were like where in the world did this come from.

Only John Force can SPEED AND make THAT much smoke at the same time!! LOL!

418viper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
You should invite the FOP to next years event and have them bring one of their tricked out rides. Better to have them supporting you then waiting at every corner surrounding the hospital. 99% of these guys are just good hard working guys but there is always that 1%
just my thoughts.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JKGiant