Ride height adjustable?

Makara

Viper Owner
Reaction score
You can always do what they did before adjustable shocks and lower it by putting an elephant in your trunk.

You must be registered for see images attach

Reaction score
I will be stocked up with MCS systems for the GenV when they arrive, I know 7 customers with the SRT's that are changing to the MCS before we even deliver the cars. I expect it will be a common upgrade as it was for the Gen3/4 cars along with the exhaust mods again.

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's sad. $100k+ car with 'adjustable suspension' that isn't completely adjustable. Good job SRT....:rolleyes:

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
That's sad. $100k+ car with 'adjustable suspension' that isn't completely adjustable. Good job SRT....:rolleyes:
The suspension is adjustable in terms of feel (i.e. sport mode, race mode, etc.) It's the ride height you can't adjust. I'm pretty sure Ferrari and Lamborghini are no different other than the front lift for speed bumps.

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
The suspension is adjustable in terms of feel (i.e. sport mode, race mode, etc.) It's the ride height you can't adjust. I'm pretty sure Ferrari and Lamborghini are no different other than the front lift for speed bumps.

My 05 Lamborghini Gallardo has Koni adjustable shocks from the factory (as well as front end lift). The car is lowered 1" in the front, and a little less than 1" in the back.

You must be registered for see images attach

BigDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My 05 Lamborghini Gallardo has Koni adjustable shocks from the factory (as well as front end lift). The car is lowered 1" in the front, and a little less than 1" in the back.

I stand corrected. For the SL, SV, GTO I could see it, but I'm shocked they had that on the base Gallardo. Does your car have the ride setting adjustments controlled remotely in cabin? Maybe it's the cars with the remote ride control that don't have the adjustments...

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually, I believe with the Superleggera, they removed the adjustable coil overs (as well as the 09+ LP based cars). Everything is adjusted from under my car just like any coil-over setup with adjustable collars. The ride settings are not adjustable in any Gallardo that I know of? The front end lift on my car is ran off of the power steering pump if I'm not mistaken, and there is a button in front of the shifter for this.

Malu59RT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
LOL, thanks guys. I'm getting rid of it to make way for a 2013 Viper if SRT is reasonable on the pricing. I like what Ralph represents, and what the Viper is about. Although I like the Gallardo's (especially the TT Gallardo's that my friend builds), I've always been a Viper guy since the first time I saw one.

mnc2886

Enthusiast
Reaction score

ViperGMC

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Posted on another forum by Sun Diego http://forums.viperclub.org/threads/654988-Ralph-Q-and-A-today?p=3093542#post3093542

If you want the ability to raise or lower the new Viper, get the track pack option.

Bill

That is very confusing. Ralph's statement about "adjustable spring perches" suggests that the Track Pack involves a modified chassis. The other documentation suggests that the Track Pack is simply light weight wheels and brakes. I also looked up the Blistein DampTronic specs and it says there is an adjustable height collar. clearly we do not have correct information. This lack of information is getting more than a little frustration. I hate these little incomplete tid bits that we have to figure out.

Reaction score
Well I have swapped a number of the ACR KW's for the old style Moton and with the new MCS and every owner was faster on the track, plus the MCS shocks absolutely are the best riding shocks there are. Ask and search, you will see how respected they are.

My bad on overlooking the Track pack shocks, sorry.

So the question is....why is the MCS system apparently better? I guess the real question is....how the hell would anyone know the answer to that right now?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte