Ridelow RT/10

OrecaGTS-R/T

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hi all, I know that some posters here will know of the airbagged Viper that goes by the name RIDELOW. It used to be painted in the ketchup / mustard combination, anyway I just came across this picture and it appears that it's had a bit of work done to it, similar mods to that of a Ratrod, matte finish, chopped rear pillar and shaved lights / indicators, modified side exhaust etc. I was wondering if anyone has anymore pics of the car or other information? Reminds me of the 1989 concept, especially with that different side exhaust. Thanks in advance.

You must be registered for see images attach

The 1989 Concept....

How the car looked previously...

LifeIsGood

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here are some pictures that I took during VOI 11...

J&R3xV10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
wow, I don't even know what to say about this car. Is there a dolphin on it somewhere?

Fatboy 18

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good Grief!!!! :omg: Well there's no accounting for taste :(

Not sure what is going on with the seats and engine manifold, must have taken a lot of work but its NOT my taste :(

Vipuronr

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Being a purist, I don't even have words for this!

But, to each his/her own.:D

xlrashn

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I would have to agree that it is not to the taste of most, myself included. Having said that, I did take the time to visit with the owner at VOI in Salt Lake City, and he really is a nice genuine car guy. It was interesting hearing the details of the mods, even if they are'nt up my alley.

Yes, the exhaust was wrapped the full length you could see and then appeared to be painted with a flat black BBQ grill type high heat paint.

QUICKSRT10/SRT8

Enthusiast
Reaction score
that car was in the same car hauler as my car to VOI11

Attachments

• transport4.jpg
    transport4.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 60
  • transport5.jpg
    transport5.jpg
    82.1 KB · Views: 58
OP
OP
O

OrecaGTS-R/T

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the idea of the car, taking something new and rat-rodding it, just not quite the way I would do it. Love the paint, shaved lights and wrapped exhaust, I even like the rims. I'm not fond of the engine bay inserts or hood mirrors and I don't care for the leopard skin but hey, something different. Very different. To each their own.

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i just can believe someone would do a viper like that, why leopard print and mirrors on the inside hood ect....it looked much much better in the picture with the yellow rims IMO but still had me scratching my head "why", some people just dont know when to stop adding crap to their cars, i'm usually very tolerant of things but that viper is just wrong, i do hope the owner is very happy with it, in the end as long as the owner is happy I guess that is all that matters, i think it would be cool to talk with the owner and ask him/her their perspective on the car so I can understand

sdaddy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I noticed the handicapped mirror tag on the dash. I wonder if it is mental? I have no idea why the inner wraps under the hood over the front wheels? Additional wheel clearance? Lots of work for the end result. Obviously a "I don't care if anyone else likes it" kind of thing.

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
looking back at the pictures what really puts me off is the leopard print on the engine and interior, without that I think it would not be as upsetting and would look much better

viper GTS-R

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I remember taking photos of that car...this is what it was like in 06'!

--RS

Phun70

VCA Venom Member
Reaction score
I remember taking photos of that car...this is what it was like in 06'!

--RS

I think that kid is letting the air out of the tires.:omg: Any idea about the under hood covers. That could actually be interesting depending.

JohnnyViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
there was a lot of work done to the current car, between 2000-2003 I had a lot of experience customizing car and trucks with air bag set ups so they would lay frame as well as shaving door handles, tailgates, bumpers ect, i appreciate the look of the viper when it had yellow wheels, I also appreciate the work that has been done to it currently with the custom bumper, side sill and fender flares and the work that went into making the wheels tuck butit now look ugly :crazy2:

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Javadog62