...rims of my SRT/10....

Prinzipal

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hello

Two rims of my SRT/10 are damaged by road curbs and I want to have them repaired. So I’d like to know what kind of surface the rims have. Are the rims chromed or polished? If polished, is there a clear coat on it?

thx for answer

Tom

JonB

Legacy\Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
03 10 spokes are Polished Clear-Coat. "NO VIPER WHEEL HAS EVER BEEN OE CHROME" despite what many salesmen say!

You will find that MOST refinished wheels will NOT match the remaining OE wheel.

PartsRack has good, used, take-off wheels at 75% off MSRP of new. They WILL match what you have. E-me or call. We ship to DE and worldwide

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Polished with a clear coat.

You will likely find that you can get them fixed properly for around 200-300 a piece ( there are less expensive places , but you get what you pay for ). If only one wheel is damaged , you will probably have to get the other wheel on that side redone, so the clearcoat will match. We have had an extreme problem getting them to match, and others we know have mention the same problem with different clear coat finishes.

Good luck and it is alot less than buying a new rim.:headbang:

Bill Pemberton Woodhouse

VCA Member
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Didn't notice you from Deutschland, and I was typing at the same time as Jon B. As noted in both our answers the clear coat is very difficult to match, so you may just want to take up Jon on his offer for a nice used set. I would imagine that there are folks in Germany that could do this , but it would be foolish for me to estimate pricing outside the US.

I lived in Bitburg when I was a young man, and I spent some of the very best years of my life in your beautiful Country!!!

Auf Wiedersehn,

Bill Pemberton
Woodhouse Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Viper