Roe Exhaust???

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm going to order some sort of exhaust system for my SRT, but I can't figure out which one to go with. Everyone seems to like the Corsa track, but it sure seems expensive for a few feet of pipe and a couple of mufflers. Sean Roe's system still seems expensive for what it is, but it's a lot more reasonable. Has anyone compared the two? Which is louder? Which has a better sound quality? Thanks in advance!

Hans Christian

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BigCarrot,

Mike is right - I have first hand experience and I say go with the Corsa track - no DRONE and sound is as good as it gets.

Anyway that is my opinion

OP
OP
B

BigCarrot

Enthusiast
Reaction score
So is it bad? I've never really liked the sound of the Gen2 Corsa, plus it's twice the price for the same damned thing!

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
BigCarrot, trust me on this call Sean your self and ask him he will answer you honestly and frankly ! no sales man stuff going around when you talking to Sean ! good luck :2tu:

Sean Roe

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,
We've been using a Borla 3" XR1 Race muffler in the exhaust we build for the SRT. The exhaust can have drone in it at certain RPM's (6th gear cruise at low RPM). We've ordered 50 mufflers from another company, which are quieter and should cut down on the drone. They'll be here in about 4 weeks.
Another option is the Mopar Cat-back. It's manufactured by Borla also, but uses a longer street muffler. We have them available at $550 plus S&H.
Hope that helps answer some questions.
Regards,
Sean

Paul Hawker

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Corsa has a unique technology to reduce drone. In addition they make a really high quality product with great looking tips. Only reason to state this is that there is a reason for the higher price.
I have the Corsa track and it is a little too loud for me. Will look into "cones" to reduce the sound pressure a little for street driving.
(Just maybe all that extra air being pushed into it by the Paxton has something to do with it.)

Sean's answer had a very refreshing ring to it. We are lucky to have such people developing fantastic products for our cars.

In addition Corsa has a direct replacement for your stock system, which integrates cross over just like stock. Lots of extra bends, and piping for about the same money.

Franko

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have the Borla system and really like it. I haven't heard many aftermarket SRT systems but i do love mine :) It was around $800 and Jon B at partsrack got it drop shipped to my installer.

It's amazing how there is absolutely no heat in the side sills anymore.

drdaveSRT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Go to your next VCA/local meeting and have a sound off.
My Complete belanger sys is loud and obnoxious, and rattles the windows of the chevy dealership by my office.
Twice i've been lucky enough run into and blow away C6 test drivers.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang