Roe Supercharger slipping belt - Gen1??

kARLUG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm having trouble with belt slippage on my Gen1 with the 6.5# pulley. Using a NAPA 87 5/8", 6 rib belt and the 2 small idlers included in the kit. Also installed a new OEM belt tensioner. Car does not have air. The belt works but there is a lot of dust and with less than 1,000 miles the belt is worn to the cords in several places. This is the only belt that would fit without totally slipping. I'm trying to go to an 8# pulley and have already installed the methanol kit. My NAPA belt won't work at all. Roe is sending an 89.4", 7 rib belt and advised that this belt should work. I think its going to be way too long. Would it help to go with the larger idler (OEM) that is specified in the instructions for 10# pulleys.

Maybe I need a short course in Supercharger belts 101. Any ideas or anybody using the same setup? This post is not intended to be negative towards Roe because they have always been willing to help. I'm not sure how many guys have this setup without air conditioning as most cars have air. Probably not a whole lot of field experience with this configuration.

Schulmann

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Red 93RT, I have an ACR without AC. No 7 rib belt fit on my Viper. I have been using a 6 rib belt for 10000mi now. Maybe you have a little oil on the pulleys that causes the slip and the disintegration.