roe vec acting up?

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Check Engine light??????!!!! Was it not installed properly originally?

1-Do the LED lights work? Do they move as you touch the throttle?

2-Is there any change in the motor as you turn the dials?

There stereo install may have pulled a wire loose from the VEC.

Jerry Dobson

Enthusiast
Reaction score
During the stereo install, the battery most likely would have been disconnected. Then the ECU/PCM needs to re-learn. But the VEC does not. It stores nothing.

Did you install Headers or Cats? Just trying to figure out why you need SIMS for a VEC install.

pauls

Enthusiast
Reaction score
After battery disconnect. Return settings to Zero. Cycle by starting car and shutting off at least four times. Then, Work up to your settings by reving the engine and moving gradually toward your setting. Then drive and fine tune.

Steve 00RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I had a VEC 1 installed at the VOI. When I got home and had arrived at the settings which seem to work the best(+12 -20),the car would not run on cold start up. I had to reset it to zeros to keep it running. Sean told me to disconnect the battery for a little while, put the settings to where I wanted them and then turn the key to 'on' and pump the gas 3 or 4 times. It had something to do with the computer recognizing the voltage range of the VEC 1. This worked for me and the car has started fine when cold since then.

Steve