Rotor recommendations

Hyno

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Need a set of factory replacement rotors for my 2000 RT/10 (No ABS). Nothing crazy though; want to keep the price for a set of 4 under $700-$800. Any recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks

plumcrazy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
i love my ebay set of rotors. been on the car for ~15K miles, look like new or better since they got powdercoated before putting them on. (the hat and backside)

but jonB and some will not agree. but brakes are very over rated IMO

OP
OP
H

Hyno

Enthusiast
Reaction score
^

I guess I'll try giving JonB a call then. I shot him a PM a few days ago but haven't heard back yet. I'll get at him tomorrow at some point.

Thanks guys.

OP
OP
H

Hyno

Enthusiast
Reaction score
^

For sure. Obviously I assumed he's swamped with work, but didn't realize his PM inbox gets swamped as well. I'll be calling him tomorrow.

TowDawg

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I tried calling him yesterday. Their voicemail says they are out of the office at a motorsports event, but they are checking the VM remotely.

Ratical2

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Another Option, Roe Racing....
Rotors - Roe Racing

A lot of options available in your price range.

I lucked out last summer and got a set of the EBC's Ultimax slotted for under $400 shipped. Wish I had bought two sets...that deal is long gone.

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
JonB will likely be available tomorrow, they were supposed to be back this afternoon taking care of emergency orders 1st. I'm weighing which rotors to buy to for my '02 ACR, JonB has slotted with dimples for $639 for the set and $499 for curved vane slotted rotors (set).

If the dimpled ones have curved vanes, I'll buy them, but if they are just dimpled and not the curved vanes (for better airflow) I'll opt for the cheaper set.

As mentioned by Ken, Roe has some nice options...you can search for the Tom's 40mm brake option as well and there's also Zeckhausen Racing as well.

Those are the options I've been checking out, brake pads were a lot tougher for me to choose than rotors, but I wish you all the best in your search!

Regards,
Aaron

OP
OP
H

Hyno

Enthusiast
Reaction score
^

Don't dimples on rotors reduce the structural integrity similar to drilled rotors? What are the advantages of dimpled rotors? I see a lot of options on Roe (thanks Ratical for the heads up there), but they have a ton of different sized rotors. Anyone know what size are for OE replacement?

MTGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you're going to track the car @ all get slotted. If not, then get whatever you like the looks of better

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just completed my brake order with JonB and as usual got a great deal on a matched set of rotors and added a set of stainless steel brake lines. I'm VERY happy as usual; thanks Jon!!

I believe Jon is already about 33% through his backlog of e-mails and phone calls so if you'd left him a message he should be in touch with you shortly. He has a lot of rotor specials right now, but I had a preferred manufacturer from previous experience and whadya know, JonB even had a set of their wares!

I also had my current skip shift eliminator causing a check engine light, so I got a new one of those too!

Regards,
Aaron