Rough night at the track !!!

PBJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
Gateway International held a midnight to six AM street race last night... what a mess. It was a street tire only event with 350 racers. It was 85+ degrees with 80+ percent humidity, you could cut the air with a knife. At 4:00 AM I got my second run in, the track was very loose and everyones times were way off. I was almost ashamed of my timeslips...I was the only viper there, so it was like a circus the whole night. My fastest pass of the night was a 12.25 @ 129...talk about major tirespin. There wasn't much difference between my 60 foot and my eighth mile ET, it was bad. So take it from me, avoid the track with pilots and horrible air, you just go home in a bad mood.
Later,
Joe

jcaspar1

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holy Crap! Over 85 degrees after midnight!! It is 102 here in the day and at least cools to 67 at night. Must be really hot in St. Louis!!!

RX VIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not the heat.. it's the humidity!! Actually, we haven't hit 100 this year, but it's only a matter of time. Usually dip into the 70s at night. It's really hard to grip on that track, especially in those conditions.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don't even try and run to much after dark this time of the year. One can see the moisture building up on the track.

Rich Detert

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
Gateway International held a midnight to six AM street race last night... what a mess. It was a street tire only event with 350 racers. At 4:00 AM I got my second run in.

This is exactly why I set up renting the track on the August 15. I've been there on nights where I only got 2 runs in in 6 hours, that *****.

With only 15 cars it will be run after run after run with no waiting. :cool:

Cudaman

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought Florida had the market cornered on heat :eek: and humidity :crazy: .

Cudaman :usa:

OP
OP
P

PBJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Michael,
I need all the practice I can get...look at my driving record.
Rich,
I hope August 15 is better than the other night, the crowd has to be better. When I pulled on to 203, the line to get in was out at the stoplight with 3 rows of cars...it took 1 1/2 hours to get in the gate. I think there were more people there Friday night than at the Craftsman Nationals.
I have a lot of things to get finished before your event...a manual fan control(cycling the fan with a DRB is OK but it times out to fast), install my line lock, and make a few pass on the bottle so I can try to keep up with you.
As far as St. Louis weather, it ***** in the summer !!!
Later,
Joe

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rlamorte