RSI Twin Turbo package...any info?

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I am considering purchasing a new RSI Twin Turbo car..on an '06 Coupe. Base package, 702RWHP. New car, under 100 miles. Anyone have one....or have any info on performance and or problems? Thanks, A.J.

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score
this is my rsi tt

You must be registered for see images attach

and I love every bit of it. Great company and work. Also from what I understand they put more tt cars on the streets than any other tuner.

vd..

OP
OP
V

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Hey D...how you been? Do you have the base package...or internal work as well? What kind of numbers are you putting down?

bigmike32172

Viper Owner
Reaction score
thats a nice job on that intake, i may have to do that myself. just have to find someone in AZ that will polish mine without trying to charge $10,000.00 for doing it,LOL!

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
theres a thread started by car wash king over on the alley you should check it out

car wash king

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Be very careful had to have Heffner do a new motor and new tt kit on mine after 2k mi.That was on their so called built 522 tt package long bad story pm me with any questions. Thanks John

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
theres a thread started by car wash king over on the alley you should check it out

Be careful about what you read on the alley as they do not like RSI and what they say there is not true. RSI does not support the "personalities" at the alley and the alley has an active campaign to bad mouth RSI. Gerald and Jason at RSI are good guys and they know what they are doing. Jason built my Venom 650R when he was at [*****] and I have not had one problem with it.

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
Last company you would want to use is RSI. Give Heffner a call if you are looking for quality work.

:nono:

I don't appreciate your personal attack. What work have you had done by RSI that makes you an authority? BTW, it's their not there...you are obviously a very intelligent person that everyone should listen to.

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score
I have seen 2 cars that RSI has worked on. How many more do you need to see in person that are a total mess.

:nono:

That's what I thought...no personal experience, no specifics, just I saw two cars...duh. Please just go back to the alley where you belong. BTW, embarass is embarrass. Please stop trying to write...you're embarrassing!

SoCal Rebell

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Be careful about what you read on the alley as they do not like RSI and what they say there is not true. RSI does not support the "personalities" at the alley and the alley has an active campaign to bad mouth RSI. Gerald and Jason at RSI are good guys and they know what they are doing. Jason built my Venom 650R when he was at H e nn e ss ey and I have not had one problem with it.

I have never heard a bad word about RSI on the Alley, from what I understand they do a fine job and make quality products. Maybe you're confused from the desert heat waiting for the "showdown" :bonker:

KenricGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
My friend had his car done at RSI and the work is awesome VERY clean and runs strong how is 1250 at wheels sound.

GARY J

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have no first hand experience with RSI, but I do know car wash king pretty well. He is a stand up guy and he had some issues with one of their kits. I know it was one of their first systems and things can get better with time, but I would definitly keep that in mind before going that route.

If you are considering all of the TT tuners, I can tell from first hand experience that Heffner Performance does an outstanding job on these cars. I am currently building my third TT Viper with them and I couldn't be happier. I won't go on and on about it, but if you are interested, check out the site ( www.heffnersperformance.com ) or shoot me an email ( [email protected] ) and we can continue.

OP
OP
V

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Maybe my post was not clear. I am looking to purchase an already done new '06 Coupe. The car has the basic TT package. This car is brand new,46 miles, TT'd, and ready to go. I have been in the Viper community since '92...know of all the tuners and their reps....and I also know how to look at this objectively. I had an H car along time ago, and despite his bad rep...it was a great car. I have not had any first hand experience with RSI. Thanks for the input to this point. A.J.

RedGTS

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have no personal experience with RSI, but I'm assuming you're talking about the red car Ringgold Dodge has, and I can tell you that Mike and the guys at RD are absolutely awesome to deal with. One thing that would be a major benefit to buying a new car with a TT system would be a "friendly" dealer to deal with re warranty claims, etc., and RD certainly qualifies.

Casey

Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you are already looking at the car. Then go check it out, drive it, dyno it, etc. If you like it, buy it.
Are you looking for someone to check it out for you?

Why ask around here for info if you know all abou them and the other tuners?

OP
OP
V

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Why ask around here for info if you know all abou them and the other tuners?

Read my post again. I HAVE NO FIRST HAND KNOWLEDGE OF RSI. Wanted info from owners, or those that know specific info. I was not asking about other tuners. Wasn't looking for a debate about tuners. I have had Heffner cars, DLM, H cars.....never an RSI...reason for the post. Thanks for your input however.

SRTRICKY

Enthusiast
Reaction score
for an 06 red w/ white stripes coupe for $99,500 asking price which i'm sure you can bring down a bit I don't see you going wrong...from the thread over all the alley I see they did mess up car wash kings car but have since then improved their service. and that engine bay on the red coupe your looking at looks awesome :)

OP
OP
V

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
for an 06 red w/ white stripes coupe for $99,500 asking price which i'm sure you can bring down a bit I don't see you going wrong...from the thread over all the alley I see they did mess up car wash kings car but have since then improved their service. and that engine bay on the red coupe your looking at looks awesome :)

Yes, it appears that they screwed the pooch on Car Wash Kings car. Can't seem to find any other owner problems though. Thanks for the input.

VIPER D

Viper Owner
Reaction score

Yes, it appears that they screwed the pooch on Car Wash Kings car. Can't seem to find any other owner problems though. Thanks for the input.

DO A SEARCH ON CARWASH KING AND SEE HIM BOASTING HOW FAST HIS CAR WAS ON STREET TIRES

AND ALMOST 3 YEARS LATER "THEY MESSED MY CAR UP" OK YEA RIGHT.

RSI MESSED UP BY NOT PADLOCKING THE BOOST CONTROLER.

I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF ANYONE ELSE THAT EVER HAD A PROBLEM With them.

keep in mind that the guys pushing other tuners might work for them!!!! so you can say that they are getting paid to push or promote them.

RSI customers do that for free b/c they love the workmanship and hp. LIKE MY SELF.

VD..

:2tu:

DRBSRT

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Viper585............You can't go wrong with RSI. They are great tuners with awesome workmanship and great customer service. Gerald and Jason are very knowlegeable and professional and they employ some of the best Viper Techs in the business. RSI has modified my last 5 Vipers and I experienced ZERO problems. I live in Houston, so feel free to send me a PM if you need any more information. Good luck on your decision!!

OP
OP
V

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
Viper585............You can't go wrong with RSI. They are great tuners with awesome workmanship and great customer service. Gerald and Jason are very knowlegeable and professional and they employ some of the best Viper Techs in the business. RSI has modified my last 5 Vipers and I experienced ZERO problems. I live in Houston, so feel free to send me a PM if you need any more information. Good luck on your decision!!

Thank you much for the first hand knowledge. I appreciate you taking the time to assist.

Custom Builder

Enthusiast
Reaction score

DO A SEARCH ON CARWASH KING AND SEE HIM BOASTING HOW FAST HIS CAR WAS ON STREET TIRES

keep in mind that the guys pushing other tuners might work for them!!!! so you can say that they are getting paid to push or promote them.

RSI customers do that for free b/c they love the workmanship and hp. LIKE MY SELF.

VD..

I BELIEVE YOU WON YOURS IN A RAFFLE AND HAD IT INSTALLED AFTER NOONE WOULD BUY IT FROM YOU. John was happy with the car for a few hundred miles, the rest is history.

GR8_ASP

Enthusiast
Reaction score
No he bought it from the person who won it in a raffle. Then had second thoughts, and then went through with it. So what?

DEVILDOG

VCA Member North TX
Reaction score

VD..

[/QUOTE]

I BELIEVE YOU WON YOURS IN A RAFFLE AND HAD IT INSTALLED AFTER NOONE WOULD BUY IT FROM YOU. John was happy with the car for a few hundred miles, the rest is history.

[/QUOTE]

Go back to the alley. No one here cares about your input. :p

MbnViper

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Guys with no first hand experience with RSI please stop posting !

im a happy actually a very happy RSI customer Gerald and Jason they are awesome people to work with they did my TT viper it made more power than promised its the scarcest most brutal car I ever driven (knock on wood) I didn’t take it to the track yet but I raced few 1k 2006 bikes and it made them look slow, just to let you know this is coming from a guy who also own a 900rwhp+/1080rwtq Viper. So i know what im talking about :)

kllymartin

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I own the "bolt-on" RSI TT package. I have been very happy and now I'm looking to turn up the boost with engine and powertrain mods. Lastly, RSI's service after the sale has been great. Example: Oil line fitting broke loose over the weekend. Called Gerald on Sunday night. He called me back the same night. He had a transport at my door in Plano, TX by noon the next day. Fixed the issue in Houston and had my car back to me by noon on Tuesday...the next day. Great service.

OP
OP
V

viper585

Viper Owner
Reaction score
I own the "bolt-on" RSI TT package. I have been very happy and now I'm looking to turn up the boost with engine and powertrain mods. Lastly, RSI's service after the sale has been great. Example: Oil line fitting broke loose over the weekend. Called Gerald on Sunday night. He called me back the same night. He had a transport at my door in Plano, TX by noon the next day. Fixed the issue in Houston and had my car back to me by noon on Tuesday...the next day. Great service.

Appreciate that greatly. What kind of power are you making with the bolt-on Turbos? Any other mods...gears....flywheel...cam... reflash..etc? Thanks, A.J.

boates

Enthusiast
Reaction score
A.J. I have a Twin-Turbo bolt on R.S.I. Viper. Delivered to me Jan. of this year, has performed flawlessly, 700+ RWHP (more than enough for the street).Gerald And Jason are Great! :2tu: :2tu: Mike

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
xeng yang