RSI V-10 Challenge / TX2K6 MSR Houston Road Racing Info (Pics)

houstonT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
All, I decided to cruise down to MSR Houston (www.msrhouston.com) to check out how far the track is from the host hotel and to see what the layout looks like in person. Let me just tell you, this place is UNREAL!!!!! It is MUCH nicer than TWS and I can honestly say that we are VERY lucky to have a place like this that is only 39.5 miles from the host hotel. Today was the first official event at the track, the SVT Club hosted a track day similar to what we're doing for V-10 Challenge.

Below you will see some pics and also some information on how to sign up for the event.

For you highway racers, here is what the road looks like most of the way to MSR. As you can see, PLENTY of room for some HIGH speed runs... :laugh:

You must be registered for see images

From the hotel, the directions are VERY simple. You go Beltway 8 South for 17 miles. You then exit off of Beltway 8 and go 22.5 miles on 288 South. When you get to SOUTH CR 48, you go left and the track is 1/4 mile up on your left. Here is a picture of what you see as you enter the track:

Once you've entered, you reach the area where all the cars that are racing are parked.

Here is a picture of the entrance onto the track itself...

Once the cars line up on the track, they stage in this holding area until they are cleared to race...

Here are a few pics of the front straight...

OP
OP
H

houstonT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
And finally, a few pics of the cars that were there today racing...

Below is a picture of the track layout:

Just like the years past, we will have the same format that will include some sort of breakdown between beginners and advanced drivers. If you have more than 3-4 road race events under your belt and feel comfortable being at a new track in your car with no instructor, then please sign up for advanced. If you feel like you may need some direction, then don't hesitate to sign up for beginner. Remember, if your instructor feels like you are capable of running without instruction, he will release you to the advanced group before the end of the day. Like always, if you are interested in road racing at MSR, please send payment for $200 made payable to me.

If you send payment or paypal, make sure you include which class you'll be running in, either beginner or advanced. Payment due date is February 12, 2006. If I don't have enough spots filled and payed for to secure the track, the event will be cancelled.

Send check or money order. Please make your checks payable to Peter Blach and send it to:

12915 Carlaris Ct.
Houston, TX 77041

You can also use paypal to [email protected]
I will have to charge a paypal fee so the totals will be as follows:

Road Racing - $207.00

If you send payment or paypal, make sure you include which class you'll be running in, either beginner or advanced. Payment due date is February 1, 2006. If I don't have enough spots filled and payed for to secure the track, the event will be cancelled.

You can read more about the RSI V-10 Challenge/TX2K6 Supra Nationals at:

http://vca2.viperclub.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB13&Number=612472&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1#Post618983

If we do not have enough ppl signed up for the event, we will cancel it. The drop dead date to have money to me is February 12, 2006. In the event that we cancel, EVERYONE will get a refund. We will however lose $1,000 of the $2,500 deposit i've made on the track. This money will be sponsor money and will be a waste if we have to cancel. GET YOUR MONEY TO ME IMMEDIATELY, we don't want to miss out on this track!!!!!

Thanks...
Peter Blach
2001 & 2002 RSI V-10 Challenge Event Organizer

TX2K, TX2K1, TX2K2, TX2K3, TX2K4, TX2K5 and TX2K6 by MVP – Supra Nationals by MVP Event Organizer

OP
OP
H

houstonT

Enthusiast
Reaction score
opnwide - thanks for the support. This track is truly amazing, I look forward to meeting you and look forward to getting your entry! :)

Thanks
Peter