RT/10 & GTS Mopar Race Header P5007020 - Anyone using these with more info on them?

viperpilot99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
RT/10 & GTS Race Header

· Dyno tested 25 BHP and 16 ft.-lbs. torque gain

· 304 stainless steel construction

· 347 cast stainless steel flanges for positive seal to cylinder head

· One-piece .065" wall mandrel bent individual tubes

· 5-into-1 merge collectors included (bolt-on)

· Requires spark plug wire set P5007309

P5007020 1997-01 RT/10 1996-01 GTS

Anyone have this exact header? Take a look at the picture. Please tell me more about them and what you think of them? Thanks!

Attachments

• ViperheaderP5007020.jpg
    ViperheaderP5007020.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 77

Russ M

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: RT/10 & GTS Mopar Race Header P5007020 - Anyone using these with more info on the

Scratch my last post, these look like long tube. Wonder who is making it for Mopar...

OP
OP
V

viperpilot99

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Re: RT/10 & GTS Mopar Race Header P5007020 - Anyone using these with more info on the

Scratch my last post, these look like long tube. Wonder who is making it for Mopar...

Well they were devolved from racing from what I can read. These headers lasted on a 24 hour race and were derived directly from Mopar/Oreca apparently. I believe they make the headers? Are other Mopar parts made by others?

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Woolf Aircraft originally made them and used to have a photo of that header on their website as an example of their expertise, but I don't see it now.

I don't think you can use the heater plenum once they're installed, and they don't appear to yield much if any more than other headers do they?

I think there were other mods or negatives associated with fitting them on the car.

They're not long tube; the primaries end well before the bend. SVS headers are just about identical.

Last edited:

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Okay, I give up, I searched the net and I can't find the part # for these headers for my '02 ACR......anyone know the part #? I've heard Belanger are great for power, these appear to be quite good!

Regards,
Aaron

OP
OP
V

viperpilot99

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Woolf Aircraft originally made them and used to have a photo of that header on their website as an example of their expertise, but I don't see it now.

I don't think you can use the heater plenum once they're installed, and they don't appear to yield much if any more than other headers do they?

I think there were other mods or negatives associated with fitting them on the car.

They're not long tube; the primaries end well before the bend. SVS headers are just about identical.

Wow, what a very interesting bit of info. Woolf looks like they are the best at what they do. If those guys built a header that was designed by Mopar and there racing efforts you would think it would be one of best headers available?

What is the heater plenum? Under Mopars old website they don't mention anything about that?

OP
OP
V

viperpilot99

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Okay, I give up, I searched the net and I can't find the part # for these headers for my '02 ACR......anyone know the part #? I've heard Belanger are great for power, these appear to be quite good!

Regards,
Aaron

That part number P5007020 can b ordered from Dodge. Some places online sell it as well.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Wow, what a very interesting bit of info. Woolf looks like they are the best at what they do. If those guys built a header that was designed by Mopar and there racing efforts you would think it would be one of best headers available?

What is the heater plenum? Under Mopars old website they don't mention anything about that?

What I call the heater plenum is under the passenger side black grill in front of the windshield. The black box with the large rubber seal on top of it next to the engine on the pass side.

I could be wrong about that heater/HVAC piece having to be left out when using those headers..but I thought I just read it this year sometime.

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

viperpilot99

Enthusiast
Reaction score

What I call the heater plenum is under the passenger side black grill in front of the windshield. The black box with the large rubber seal on top of it next to the engine on the pass side.

I could be wrong about that heater/HVAC piece having to be left out when using those headers..but I thought I just read it this year sometime.

Oh I see. Other then trying to get more info from Mopar about it I would hope that someone on the forums would have this header on there viper that can tell us more about it. I would be very surprised that out of everyone here that know one is using them? They might be an excellent header. 25HP on a header alone that has been dyno tested from Mopar seems very good.

Anyone else have dynos on other headers alone?

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score

They were never cheap, even by Viper header standards. The price and the non-ease of use kept just about everyone away from them.

I think I remember Proracer1 telling me he had those headers on his car. He sold his Viper sometime ago, but I think he still takes a look at this forum once in a while.

You might try PMing him about the race headers.

OP
OP
V

viperpilot99

Enthusiast
Reaction score

They were never cheap, even by Viper header standards. The price and the non-ease of use kept just about everyone away from them.

I think I remember Proracer1 telling me he had those headers on his car. He sold his Viper sometime ago, but I think he still takes a look at this forum once in a while.

You might try PMing him about the race headers.

Thanks for the lead. I just did but he hasn't come on since a year ago. Don't think I will hear back.

I wish we can get some feedback about that non-ease aspect with them.

Camfab

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I tried to buy those headers about a year ago. I believe they are long discontinued. I believe they cost about $3,500 when they were available. The SVS header is actually a high quality piece with Burns merge collectors for about the same money. No heater box issues, they are stepped and the primaries are all within 1/8". By the way good luck with any purchase from these guys, I bought my headers used and tried to buy the sleeve material from them. It literally took four phone calls over four months to actually get the stuff.

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

viperpilot99

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I tried to buy those headers about a year ago. I believe they are long discontinued. I believe they cost about $3,500 when they were available. The SVS header is actually a high quality piece with Burns merge collectors for about the same money. No heater box issues, they are stepped and the primaries are all within 1/8". By the way good luck with any purchase from these guys, I bought my headers used and tried to buy the sleeve material from them. It literally took four phone calls over four months to actually get the stuff.

Thanks for that much needed info. So the Mopar headers do have heater box issues like FE 065 also mentioned.

Which guys are you talking about? The SVS guys took 4 months?

So the SVS are good headers but are different then the Mopar race headers it seems?

OP
OP
V

viperpilot99

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Those look nice but the pipeing is 5 into one. Then they also show a 2 and 3 into 2 then one setup as well. Who makes those? One thing about the Moapr is the piping is very different then any other header. To make it the way they did is very expensive and much more intricate.

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score

viperpilot99, where are you from? Tell us about your car :)

OP
OP
V

viperpilot99

Enthusiast
Reaction score

viperpilot99, where are you from? Tell us about your car :)

Oh haha I have a very interesting story. Back in 1999 I was infatuated with the Viper and talked about it every second around my parents. One day my dad said he was going to buy me one so I found the only one I wanted which was the ACR Silver/Blue with the AC. The only one in the country that was just like that was here in So/Cal where I lived. So I drove the car out of the show room and me and my friend were freaking out that I was driving a Viper. I was 21 then. A year later I sold the car due to feeling guilty that my parents paid for such a expensive car and I felt I didn't earn it. So I posted an ad here and it sold in a few days. So 8 years passed but I said that one day I will find another one like that and buy it with my own money this time. So since then I had always looked online in different places to find a mint car like mine. Two weeks ago I did just that. I found a one owner car with 3,300 miles. It was just like my old Silver with Blue and had the AC. This owner was more anal then even me and never even washed it but used a spray cleaner some micro fiber towels to clean it. So its never seen rain or water and its also never been waxed. Even the font bumper had never seen a curb. Mine had 3800 miles when I sold it. I put more miles on mine in one year then he did in 9 haha.

I do plan on doing a comprehensive polish with zaino and feel the only way to clean it was with a very nice wash the same way this guy does it on this link. DF Concours products

The other funny thing is he was in his mid 60s but knew someone that raced for team viper and worked on them as well build him a LM spec brakes. He did not want anything that he felt was a short comings of the production car so he updated things to his standers. He also has other updates like the high grade German aluminum radiator and oil cooler he had also built to his and LM spec level. I asked him "why would you do this if you would never ever use these items to there full use" and his answers was that I did it because I could. You should see his other stuff... man!

Anyhow where is the picture of the brakes that he said cost 30k to do with all the machine work and the special E brake. Maybe someone knows more about them???

Attachments

• IMG_1036 (Large) (Medium).jpg
    IMG_1036 (Large) (Medium).jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_1041 (Medium).jpg
    IMG_1041 (Medium).jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Great story - and a great find !

AFL in NJ

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks ViperPilot99,

I checked on MakeitMopar.com and they want $1716.00...not bad!!

Regards,
Aaron

That part number P5007020 can b ordered from Dodge. Some places online sell it as well.

OP
OP
V

viperpilot99

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks ViperPilot99,

I checked on MakeitMopar.com and they want $1716.00...not bad!!

Regards,
Aaron

I know the number comes up but not one has it in any nation wide dealer inventory plus it shows discount on the parts counter computer.

Last edited:

Iceman

Enthusiast
Reaction score

I do plan on doing a comprehensive polish with zaino and feel the only way to clean it was with a very nice wash the same way this guy does it on this link. DF Concours products

Not to steal the thread but I would not trust that guy to wash my Accorrd.
1. Never use a brush on the wheels. The clearcoat is very easily scratched.
2. Never use that much water pressure on the air intake.
3. He is pressing way too hard with those rags in the drying process.
4. He is sqeezing the shammy too close to the car inducing water spots on the lower panel.

My advice, use the Mr Clean nozzle with the Griots shampoo. This way you have continuously fresh water soap mixture.

Last edited:
OP
OP
V

viperpilot99

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Not to steal the thread but I would not trust that guy to wash my Accorrd.
1. Never use a brush on the wheels. The clearcoat is very easily scratched.
2. Never use that much water pressure on the air intake.
3. He is pressing way too hard with those rags in the drying process.
4. He is sqeezing the the shammy too close to the car inducing water spots on the lower panel.

My advice, use the Mr Clean nozzle with the Griots shampoo. This way you have continuously fresh water soap mixture.

Interesting, he does show some nice points though besides the things you did point out.

OP
OP
V

viperpilot99

Enthusiast
Reaction score

This just in!!!!! The SVS headers a a copy of the Mopar racing headers. Please look at both pictures. I posted.
Here are the SVS header pictures of s set I just bought. The bends piping layout are all the same. I have a bigger picture of the Mopar heads on paper and used that to compare them and from what I can tell they are the exact same.

Im going to dyno the car before the headers and after the headers and post my results. I feel that Mopar/SVS headers have the most race tested design behind it and that would make it one of the best choices in my opinion. No wounder SVS says "The Industry Leading Header" thanks to Mopar!

Attachments

• V10HEADER (Small).jpg
    V10HEADER (Small).jpg
    28.8 KB · Views: 29

FE 065

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Where did you buy those from ? SVS?

OP
OP
V

viperpilot99

Enthusiast
Reaction score

Did You wim them on Ebay last week?

I won them this week. Simi huh you dont live to far. What are the L. Tube headers? Who makes those? Im talking the viper to DC to get this and a few other things done.

OP
OP
V

viperpilot99

Enthusiast
Reaction score

After receiving the SVS headers they look nice and are in fact replicas as stated before of the Mopar ones. One thing that does look different though is the step in size of the header tube which the Mopar units don't seem to have.