RT/10 Headlight help

pollard4286

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I have a1995 RT/10 and when I turn my head lights on that irritating dinging noise comes on with the headlights and will keep dinging the whole time. It's the same noise as if you left the lights on and turned the car off or as if you left the door open. Is there a quick fix to this, like a fuse that controls the noise only, that I can pull. I can do without the warning ding all together just trying to avoid getting into the wiring of the car. Any help on the matter would be appreciated. Thanks

ViperJohn

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder if the headlight switch has gone bad. Look in the owners manual, there should be a fuse for the interior door chime. Not sure if it's tied into any other systems, if the door chime is by itself, you should be fine to remove.

Another possibility is the ignition switch. Hopefully some chimes in with a solution. (pardon the pun)

OP
OP
P

pollard4286

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Did some reading and the best I can find so far is a bad chime module. Said if chime doesn't stop then the module is bad. Sounded like an easy fix but so far all I'm getting is that the part is no longer available. Does anyone know if the part is interchangeable or is their another alternative. And John thanks for the input and help.

Indy

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Maybe you can just disconnect the chime...not a cure, but it will get rid of the symptoms :rolleyes:

OP
OP
P

pollard4286

Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm good with disconnecting it. I just want to be sure that it doesn't interfere or control any thing else. I know nothing about electrical stuff when it comes to cars.