RT/10 is here.

Wayne

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Got my RT about a week ago and dropped it off for a few mods.
She got a new Kenwood touch screen DVD with motorized face (Excelon 815) and Kenwood Navigation with Voice control.
She also got a new Auto Page alarm with proxemity, dual door openers, paging feature, remote start, temperature sensors to monitor inside car temp, mercury switch for remote start kill if left in gear.
Very impressed with the car. :2tu:

I have always had cars that I refer to as femele in gender...
This is the first car that I can prove is a Female. ;)
It works kinda like this:
If you give her 90% or more of your attention she will love you back with an awsome "experience"....
BUT
If you are not giving her at least 90% of your attention and effection...she's going to kick your **** to the curb first chance she gets! :eek:

I must say, this is my first Viper, have moved "UP" from the Corvette and Porsche and an 11 second SVT Lightning. Having said that, I am no stranger to performance as my SVT was running mid 11's in the 1/4.
I have heard lots of opinions into how the Vipers handle, run, ect.
I honestly expected that the car would feel "less refined" than the Vette or the Porsche, be as loud or louder than the SVT, handle worse than the cars but probably considerbly better than the SVT, all at the about the same amount of power as the SVT.
Now, maybe they changed something in "02", BUT...
Here is my opinion of the car so far.
The car is easier to get in and out of than either the Porsche or the Vette, quiter than the SVT and the Vette, handles better than all of the vehicles.
The Vette seemed to wash in corners with small bumps, the Viper hangs right on the edge of the corner without wash out.
The 335/30's just flat hook when you step on it, where as the SVT would just smoke show.... Can be a bit intemidating really!
The suspension and steering feels like it works better together than the other cars as I can not feel EVERY cement break in the raod.
Honestly, it feels much more luxurious than I would have ever guessed.
The A/C seems better than the Porsche, but not close at all to the SVT or the Vette. There is FAR more headroom in the Viper than the Vette or the Porsche.
The overall fit and finish is very impressive to say the least.
It does seem to get hotter inside than any other car I have been in :( , and the side molding almost looks as if the heat from the pipe on the passenger side seems to have discolored a very small section of the rocker...anyone know if that is covered under warranty?
Overall: Totally awsome!
I think the next mods to come are:
B&M Ripper
Cat back system
Black stripes
Get rid of the yellow logos and get silver ones
Custom plates
Wet Okoles
Hardwire kit for the Valentine 1
Clear bra for front
The list could go on and on ....
Here are some pics:
http://www.svtgalleries.net/gallery/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=91

Andy 98 RT/10

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Congratulations, man. When I first bought mine, I was amazed at how much better it handled than other cars.

My one piece of advice would be not to get the black stripes though. Your RT/10 would defiintely look the best in solid yellow.

Have fun as I'm sure you will enjoy it.

J DAWG

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Here is your ride Wayne----

You must be registered for see images

I was baffled for a moment when you said the Viper was easier to get in and out than a Vette, but I see you have a C4. Otherwise the Viper really can be a daily driver and is even good for long trips as I have made several 500+ mile trips with no problem, but I am still young as well.

With all your experience, modding the car will be a lot of fun, but like you said in your post if not careful that girl will bitchslap you quick. :D Enjoy.

LIVIPER

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Welcome!! Sounds great! enjoy!

"temperature sensors to monitor inside car temp" ==> What does that do? Does it make the a/c auto to one temp when car is running?

OP
OP
W

Wayne

Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thanks all and thanks to JDwag for posting the Pic.
The temp sensor in the alarm relays a signal to the remote to monitor the temp inside the car. It displays the temp on the remote.
The alarm can be set to automatically turn the car on if the temp drops below a certain point (not very useful here in Texas).
The alarm can also be set to turn the car "on" with a timer so you can have it heating/cooling before you get into it.

I have thought of a wing for it but figure I will wait until I see one in person to decide if it is "for me".

Still playing with the Voice command part of the navigation as it has a hard time translating "redneck"...LOL

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sinusbeats